The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the ice cream shops with home delivery in my area have closed. In the middle of a pandemic I am stuck at home with no ice cream, and unable to drink alcohol because of the antibiotic. I may go insane in the next couple of days :banghead: :roflmao:
Please tell me you have chocolates. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO YOU HAVE CHOCOLATES?!?!?!

Please tell me you have chocolates. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO YOU HAVE CHOCOLATES?!?!?!
Let me fill you in on a little secret. I was being all dramatic but I have placed a supermarket order this week that will arrive tomorrow, and I ordered ice cream. I prefer not to order ice cream from the supermarket because the flavors I like come in too large boxes and I can't resist eating them all at once. Should things go well I will have almost 1 litre of ice cream to eat alone and that should last me one week if I'm lucky. If the supermarket does not deliver the ice cream, however, I will turn murderous! No idea who I will murder in the middle of a lockdown though.

Let me fill you in on a little secret. I was being all dramatic but I have placed a supermarket order this week that will arrive tomorrow, and I ordered ice cream. I prefer not to order ice cream from the supermarket because the flavors I like come in too large boxes and I can't resist eating them all at once. Should things go well I will have almost 1 litre of ice cream to eat alone and that should last me one week if I'm lucky. If the supermarket does not deliver the ice cream, however, I will turn murderous! No idea who I will murder in the middle of a lockdown though.
Ask the delivery fellow to wait while you check for the ice cream, and if there's no ice cream... then just like a game of Clue(do), it'll be "LissaC, in the front room, with an ice cream scoop." 💀

Its heading towards 7pm here. It is still 35°C outside. Sadly inside is around 28°C. No hope of having the windows in the bedroom open tonight. Worse still, it has clouded over a wellso it isn't going to get very cool overnight. Tomorrow is forecast to be 40°C. Yuck.

(Comment on flyinglentris's post in the humor thread.)

Mocking Trump is not politics - it's justifiable humor. The US Presidency does have a big international impact. Over a million Finns (pop. 5.5 M) watched the inauguration of Joe (Joseph R.) Biden on TV. Watching the inauguration and/or feeling relieved that Biden seems to be more humane and - despite his old age - in his senses than his predecessor is not praising. Living next to an unstable former superpower (pop.145 M) it is crucial for us to have a stable Western friend (with strong European roots) across the pond - hence we're interested in everything that's going on over there. According to the publication Ancestry & Ethnicity in America, 680 000 US citizens are of Finnish background. Moreover, the US helped us crucially during WW II and has fed us with technical innovations, ideas, concepts and popular culture. Lately mainly distracting Tweets and alarming or disturbing news broadcasts have been sent from that direction.
The tradwife meme/trend brings forth the unnatural and orchestrated bifurcation between different kinds of women. At the same time it acts as a reprise for the division of the two major parties and the general population of the US.

Every nation, every family, every person, every gender, every worldview, every party, every attitude and every value represents some shade of grey: not an absolute truth or the concept of perfection. Some people tend to advocate extremist/furthest opposite values: the darkest; deepest or lightest shades dyed-in-the-wool – sometimes with weaponry, sometimes with lies, sometimes with nepotism and sometimes by giving hazardous advice to the public. That is not acceptable. Resistance towards transition and changing worldviews or ethical and moral values and the bafflement over former minority groups getting a stronger voice is understandable. The voice of those being perplexed or feeling that their traditional lifestyle or national integrity is targeted can not be turned down either. Everyone should be heard and given a free voice – but not all should be respected.

I like what you wrote... can't say the graphics did anything for me. Seems a bit religious right to me -- actually a lot religious right. And what about the "loves her family, race, and country, in that order." Seriously?

For better of worse, the United States is the current "leader of the free world." As the saying goes, "With great power, comes great responsibility." President Trump liked the great power thing, but not so much the great responsibility thing.

I don't know how much President Biden will be able to achieve in a nation that is still divided, and a Republican Party that is still afraid of Trump's and his cult. I do know that Joe Biden is a good man, a smart man, who a long history dealing with the current leaders in the Senate.

IMO, Joe Biden will love his family, country, and ALL races, in that order.

CD

All of the ice cream shops with home delivery in my area have closed. In the middle of a pandemic I am stuck at home with no ice cream, and unable to drink alcohol because of the antibiotic. I may go insane in the next couple of days :banghead: :roflmao:

This is just anecdotal evidence, NOT scientific, but I've consumed alcohol while taking antibiotics many times, and never had any problems. You already said you were drinking small amounts of wine, so you are already breaking the "rules." I'm not suggesting that you get $hitfaced drunk, but if you are going to drink a glass of wine, why not a glass of Jack Daniels.

Personally, I have no problem going with out ice cream, but I do miss my Jack Daniels.

CD

This is just anecdotal evidence, NOT scientific, but I've consumed alcohol while taking antibiotics many times, and never had any problems. You already said you were drinking small amounts of wine, so you are already breaking the "rules." I'm not suggesting that you get $hitfaced drunk, but if you are going to drink a glass of wine, why not a glass of Jack Daniels.

Personally, I have no problem going with out ice cream, but I do miss my Jack Daniels.

CD
I've read that alcohol is usually safe with most antibiotics, the issue is that alcohol intake increases urine output and diminishes the antibiotic availability in the bloodstream.

I've read that alcohol is usually safe with most antibiotics, the issue is that alcohol intake increases urine output and diminishes the antibiotic availability in the bloodstream.

My information is that antibiotics are perfectly safe with alcohol (under normal circumstances) it's just that alcohol basically renders the antibiotics ineffective. I never take antibiotics.

A certain amount of sardonic laughter has been heard in this house lately. This is as a result of the sound of some of the biggest Brexit cheerleaders whinging pitifully about the impacts of, um, Brexit. High on this list are Northern Ireland's DUP and the UK fishing industry.

Leading laughter causer among individual's is Roger Daltrey of The Who. He has been droning on about how wonderful Brexit will be for the last four years. He has now joined a whole heap of musicians in signing an open letter to the government criticising the restrictions and red tape now being imposed. Oh dear. Maybe give them a blast of Won't Get Fooled Again, Rog.

I like what you wrote... can't say the graphics did anything for me. Seems a bit religious right to me -- actually a lot religious right. And what about the "loves her family, race, and country, in that order." Seriously?

For better of worse, the United States is the current "leader of the free world." As the saying goes, "With great power, comes great responsibility." President Trump liked the great power thing, but not so much the great responsibility thing.

I don't know how much President Biden will be able to achieve in a nation that is still divided, and a Republican Party that is still afraid of Trump's and his cult. I do know that Joe Biden is a good man, a smart man, who a long history dealing with the current leaders in the Senate.

IMO, Joe Biden will love his family, country, and ALL races, in that order.

CD
The pic (with text) I added to my previous post is a common, exaggerated and provocative meme going around on the internet (”Trad Girl”; a derivative of the male ”Wojak” and ”Coomer” memes which ironize common perceptions of gender related qualities or features); it has nothing to do with my views. It just points out how prejudice, ignorance, animosity and hostility bring about tragicomic conceptions about people and their pysical and mental qualities. The same happens in politics.

Well ice cream is here 😄 white chocolate, caramel and coffee
IMG_20210124_155327.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom