The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We now have rain and it is washing away the snow, hopefully the temperature won't drop to much over night otherwise the paths and roads will be like ice rinks

Reactions: mjd
My wife sings and sounds like Diana Krall. She has a voice and can belt out a tune that fills a concert hall no amp.

When she's in bed (like last night) and coughs or especially when she sneezes shingles blow off the house, the cat door starts swinging, the neighbors lights come on, car alarms start.
You could easily jump start a Land Rover with her cough.

I wake up with my ears ringing, my underwear has turned around 180 and I throw on a robe and head out to the RV and sleep there.
I wake up at dawn and she has a hot chocolate drink for me.

I want to ask a question to all our UK members here. Did Boris Johnson ever comb his hair?
There is a clip that shows him being prepared for a BBC interview, the make up artist powdered his face and combed his hair. As he walked to the studio he was seen deliberately messing up his hair, it's a calculated act along with his bumbling baffoon way of speaking.

Glad to see you are ok and hear that you are outside of that outbreak.

That outbreak even affected our travel 200km away and a hour from the ACT border. We had a border checkpoint on the Federal Highway at the ACT border for a while. Similar checkpoints were on Sutton Rd into Queanbeyan (/the back way into the airport) though there was nothing on the Kings Highway or from Queanbeyan into Canberra itself.

Yep. Northern beaches caused my trip to Brisbane to be cancelled - I was cross as I’d stayed close to Bathurst to qualify for a border pass but they cancelled the flights.
Then Brisbane kicked off too so it was just better to stay home.

My daughter works in childcare & had the most dreadful barking cough last week, thankfully tested negative for COVID-19.
We are so so lucky here though. I’m not ungrateful for our island setting or our government response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom