The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former portuguese prime-minister José Sócrates received around 34Millions in "loans" from a "good friend" while he as in office. And to think I have friends who never even paid me a beer...

The "loans" were actually bribes, but he doesn't have to pay tax on them because you don't need to pay tax on money on you receive as bribes.

Most of his other corruption and tax evasion crimes have prescribed so he will not stand trial for them. And this is happening at a time where people are being fined for eating gummy bears on the street or having lunch inside their car...

I love many things about Portugal but our law system isn't one of them...
Sounds like just the kind of chap who would slot easily into a role as a UK cabinet minister...

Hey, our former President stayed at Trump owned properties when he traveled, and charged the Secret Service inflated prices for rooms in his hotels, where they had to stay for his protection -- to the tune of $1.1-million.

Trump's properties have raked in least $1.1 million in fees from the Secret Service since he took office

CD
And the former French President is in jail for trying to bribe a judge

Sarkozy: Former French president sentenced to jail for corruption

At least the former American President has never tried to interfere with the Judiciary :whistling: :whistling::whistling::whistling::clown:

My new jigsaw is coming along nicely, the next bit could take a while.

MrsT has had too much to drink today, and when that happens, she gets:

1. Chatty (and she's already chattier than most)
2. Nostalgic
3. Weepy
4. Horny
5. Snoring

We're somewhere past #3 but not quite to #4. My bad luck is that the interval between #4 and #5 is about 9.7 seconds.

I feel like I am driving myself crazy with anxiety while I wait for the results of my mole removal biopsies. I had two moles removed and I'm pretty sure one of them was melanoma because the mole changed fast and dramatically, it was light brown and turned partially into very dark black and gain two dots on top that looked like bunny ears, but I'm hoping it's stage zero melanoma which is very easy to treat. In the meantime I like to be prepared for everything so I've been researching all possibilities and of course the worst case scenario looks really bad. I'm only getting the biopsy results on April 28 so I need to control mysef until then. I have nothing else to do but to wait and see.

I feel like I am driving myself crazy with anxiety while I wait for the results of my mole removal biopsies. I had two moles removed and I'm pretty sure one of them was melanoma because the mole changed fast and dramatically, it was light brown and turned partially into very dark black and gain two dots on top that looked like bunny ears, but I'm hoping it's stage zero melanoma which is very easy to treat. In the meantime I like to be prepared for everything so I've been researching all possibilities and of course the worst case scenario looks really bad. I'm only getting the biopsy results on April 28 so I need to control mysef until then. I have nothing else to do but to wait and see.

I know this isn't going to help, but try not to worry about the unknown. If that fails, there is that bottle of Jack Daniels. :wink:

CD

As caseydog says the worst will prolly not happen, think positive, so much energy can be wasted worrying.

Russ

I feel like I am driving myself crazy with anxiety while I wait for the results of my mole removal biopsies.
That's because you are. :)

Listen, I just went through a cancer screening biopsy, less than a month ago, had to go in for surgery, a whole thing. I had the added benefit of having to wait three weeks for the procedure, and another two weeks for the results. That's a lot of time to consult with Dr. Google.

Was I tempted? Not a lot, but a couple of times I was, under the guise of, "I'll just check to put my mind at ease." - that was a lie, of course, because every one of those sites covers all possibilities, from "no worries," to "you've got mere days to live!" I was probably more concerned about the surgery than the results, TBH.

Seriously, get off the medical sites. I think it's human nature to go right for the worst, and that's right where your mind will go. Enjoy the day, the weather, whatever. Looking at that stuff isn't going to change the results of the biopsy or the doc's recommendations. Just wait it out, wait until the results come in, and don't worry about it until then.

I don't know if it helps to phrase it this way or not, but while you're in the waiting phase, you either have melanoma or you don't - you just don't know, that's all, and you're not going to know until the results come back, so just go about your day as usual until then. :okay::hug:

That's because you are. :)

Listen, I just went through a cancer screening biopsy, less than a month ago, had to go in for surgery, a whole thing. I had the added benefit of having to wait three weeks for the procedure, and another two weeks for the results. That's a lot of time to consult with Dr. Google.

Was I tempted? Not a lot, but a couple of times I was, under the guise of, "I'll just check to put my mind at ease." - that was a lie, of course, because every one of those sites covers all possibilities, from "no worries," to "you've got mere days to live!" I was probably more concerned about the surgery than the results, TBH.

Seriously, get off the medical sites. I think it's human nature to go right for the worst, and that's right where your mind will go. Enjoy the day, the weather, whatever. Looking at that stuff isn't going to change the results of the biopsy or the doc's recommendations. Just wait it out, wait until the results come in, and don't worry about it until then.

I don't know if it helps to phrase it this way or not, but while you're in the waiting phase, you either have melanoma or you don't - you just don't know, that's all, and you're not going to know until the results come back, so just go about your day as usual until then. :okay::hug:

When I had cancer, I did a lot of online research, but it didn't cause me anxiety. Same with my gall bladder surgery a few months ago. I'm the type that wants to know all the facts. It actually puts my mind at ease.

But, like Tasty said, don't automatically gravitate toward the worst case scenario. That's not usually how things play out. And, like Tasty said, you can't possibly know what's up until the test results come back.

CD

When I was younger than you, I had to have 3 moles removed, 1 on the palm of 1 hand, 1 on the palm side of a finger from the other hand, and 1 from the sole of my foot on the arch. My doctor was worried about them being skin cancer. Not a single 1 of them was.

What did your doctor say?

Thank you TastyReuben, I hope your surgery went well and that your results came back negative!

medtran49 the doctor didn't make any comments, he just asked when was the last time I got my skin checked by a doctor (which was never).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom