The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LissaC Anxiety is a spirale very unsettling. Try to notice when it starts,and stop it with deep breathing. And positive thoughts, it could be three words. Box breathing technique is very helpful, I use it a lot.

You will manage, you are creative,smart, strong, full of vivacity.💙

We had some snow yesterday evening, thankfully only briefly and lightly. Further south, a cricket match in Leeds between Yorkshire and Glamorgan was interrupted by snow. Snow stops play isn't something you generally hear, even in the UK.
The weather forecast here says snow again soon. What an April this is...

The weather forecast here says snow again soon. What an April this is...
We watched some football from France last night. The game was in Montpellier, which is about as far south as you can go in France and it looked absolutely freezing with sleety stuff coming down. Meanwhile, in Moscow, the temperature is 17C. Strange.

We watched some football from France last night. The game was in Montpellier, which is about as far south as you can go in France and it looked absolutely freezing with sleety stuff coming down. Meanwhile, in Moscow, the temperature is 17C. Strange.
Goodness me...Moscow is normally legging somewhat behind in temperatures...As early as October they could get minuses... and have a later spring...
we have 17C today, right now...and then it changes...I wonder what summer will be like. There is a saying going around that if spring is cold, summer will be hot...

Thank you @TastyReuben, I hope your surgery went well and that your results came back negative!
Thanks. I didn't even mention that. Things came back as fine with regards to any cancer, but there are still things that'll require management. Getting older...sigh...

The funny thing is, I was way more concerned about the biopsy itself, and my wife was much more worried about the result. I was highly annoyed because I had to go in and get a Covid test (among other things) and they screwed some of that prep work up and I had to go back at 10PM at night (my bedtime) to have some things redone, and even though the surgery was outpatient and I didn't have to spend the night, it took all <bleeping> day for what was probably about 45 minutes on the table.

Once the procedure was done and I was back home, I kind of forgot about the whole "We need to rule out cancer" issue, so my worrying was over, but then that's when MrsT's started. :)

I may have missed it - when do you get your results?

Thanks. I didn't even mention that. Things came back as fine with regards to any cancer, but there are still things that'll require management. Getting older...sigh...

The funny thing is, I was way more concerned about the biopsy itself, and my wife was much more worried about the result. I was highly annoyed because I had to go in and get a Covid test (among other things) and they screwed some of that prep work up and I had to go back at 10PM at night (my bedtime) to have some things redone, and even though the surgery was outpatient and I didn't have to spend the night, it took all <bleeping> day for what was probably about 45 minutes on the table.

Once the procedure was done and I was back home, I kind of forgot about the whole "We need to rule out cancer" issue, so my worrying was over, but then that's when MrsT's started. :)

I may have missed it - when do you get your results?
Glad you are cancer free. I was worried sick about the biopsy procedure but that was a breeze, one of the easiest medical procedures I ever did. I get my results on the 28th, I'll keep you all updated :happy:

Aggravated...I bought an outdoor rug for the front porch, and it came with a teeny-weeny picture of what it looks like unrolled - but the truth is, it's 🤬 hideous. 40 minutes to get there, a good 20 minutes standing in line, and now I've got to return it tomorrow.

On the good side, I did get a patio umbrella I like, and it turns out they're the one place, oddly enough, that still carries Brach's Maple Nut Goodies in-store. Bought mah wife a bag of those.

Aggravated...I bought an outdoor rug for the front porch, and it came with a teeny-weeny picture of what it looks like unrolled - but the truth is, it's 🤬 hideous. 40 minutes to get there, a good 20 minutes standing in line, and now I've got to return it tomorrow.

On the good side, I did get a patio umbrella I like, and it turns out they're the one place, oddly enough, that still carries Brach's Maple Nut Goodies in-store. Bought mah wife a bag of those.

I have had a few IKEA patio umbrellas. They are very durable in wind. The can literally turn inside out if a strong gust catches one, and you can turn them back to normal with no damage at all. I've had other umbrellas that become useless pretzels after a strong wind gust.

CD

Waiting on my builder, replacing a piece of dry rot in my outside window sill. It's southerly facing and one of two pieces I need fixed before winter. More money!!

Then I need to do stuff in town, new phone screen I got quoted $105 so I'm going with that for my s10 Samsung.

Russ

Waiting on my builder, replacing a piece of dry rot in my outside window sill. It's southerly facing and one of two pieces I need fixed before winter. More money!!

Then I need to do stuff in town, new phone screen I got quoted $105 so I'm going with that for my s10 Samsung.

Russ

I can't believe I have never broken a smartphone screen (I just knocked on wood).

CD

I now have a chunk of my window open to the elements. Builder assures me things are under control. I believe him, he's been good so far.

Russ

I now have a chunk of my window open to the elements. Builder assures me things are under control. I believe him, he's been good so far.

Russ

The outside sills in my house are brick, but I've had to replace a few in my parent's house -- four thousand square feet of shoddy construction. It's a big house with a beautiful interior, but under the skin, it's crap.

It is not a difficult job, but takes time to do it right, or you will be doing it again in a few years.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom