The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it seemed that mass shootings went down a bit during Covid, but it is getting back to "normal" in the US. Another 8 people gunned down today in Indiana. As usual, Republicans will see to it that NOTHING is done.

Meanwhile, the Republican Texas legislature just passed a new bill making it legal for anyone over 21 to carry a firearm in public WITHOUT any training or a permit. The Republican Senate will approve it, and the Republican Governor will sign it into law.

Also, a private business will no longer be allowed to post a sign on the door saying "No firearms allowed." The business owner has to personally confront someone with a firearm and TELL them they can't bring a firearm into their business. That should go well.

BTW, I am a gun owner. But, I want tighter gun laws in the US -- like a significant majority of gun owners.

Allowing people with ZERO gun safety training to carry firearms in public is really, really stupid.

Rant off.

CD

In loving memory of my dad ❤️
1937-2021

View attachment 61365
My condolences, dear MypinchofItaly. I hope you and your family are coping with the situation.
puu_.PNG

Ginger tea helps, if I buy fresh ginger and grate it into hot water, I need to go out and buy ginger.

There is a good product in the UK called Gaviscon, which really does help cure stomach pain. I get pain in the night if I eat too late and a swig of Gaviscon does the trick within ten minutes. It sort of lines the stomach. A quick search showed it is available in Portugal. Its not a drug and no prescription needed. I find the liquid form works best but not sure that is available in Portugal.

Gaviscon Portugal | Alívio Rápido da Azia e Indigestão

There is a good product in the UK called Gaviscon, which really does help cure stomach pain. I get pain in the night if I eat too late and a swig of Gaviscon does the trick within ten minutes. It sort of lines the stomach. A quick search showed it is available in Portugal. Its not a drug and no prescription needed. I find the liquid form works best but not sure that is available in Portugal.

Thank you Morning Glory I used to take something similar called Rennie, but I found the effects very similar to the ginger tea.

Thank you Morning Glory I used to take something similar called Rennie, but I found the effects very similar to the ginger tea.

Rennie is very mild in comparison to Gaviscon and has no effect on my pain. I found Gaviscon was the only thing that worked. Bi- carbonate of soda can also work though not so well for me. Add a teaspoon to some water.

Rennie is very mild in comparison to Gaviscon and has no effect on my pain. I found Gaviscon was the only thing that worked. Bi- carbonate of soda can also work though not so well for me. Add a teaspoon to some water.
I thought Gaviscon and Rennie were similar, I might give it a try then. Bicarbonate of soda is horrible on me, I get full of air and can't get it out.

Back in the day when I was being followed by a doctor I used to take sucralfate, but that's prescription only. I can't tolerate Omeprazol or esomaprozole which are the usual lines of treatment for gastritis. I'll look for Gaviscon tomorrow when I go to the supermarket.

I am having my hair cut on Tuesday morning, ir means booking half a day off work but hey ho, either that or wait a few more weeks which I don't want to do-I really need my hair cutting.

Gaviscon is from GlaxoSmithKline, so it is pretty much everywhere. It is a basic antacid, for heartburn and acid reflux.

I take a prescription acid reducer, Pantoprazole (Protonix).

CD

Gaviscon is from GlaxoSmithKline, so it is pretty much everywhere. It is a basic antacid, for heartburn and acid reflux.

I take a prescription acid reducer, Pantoprazole (Protonix).

CD

There's a joke about gaviscon,lol

Raining here today on Saturday, supermarket some time soon, no rush it's quite cold here, about 17 deg c.

Russ

Raining here today on Saturday, supermarket some time soon, no rush it's quite cold here, about 17 deg c.

Russ

Pretty much the same weather here. Light rain and 55F/13C.

CD

Russ
Did NZ get the advert for Gaviscon where there is an animated fireman hosing down the inside of a woman's throat with a white liquid? Make of it what you will.

View: https://youtu.be/RllwiKaz1-c

Did NZ get the advert for Gaviscon where there is an animated fireman hosing down the inside of a woman's throat with a white liquid? Make of it what you will.

View: https://youtu.be/RllwiKaz1-c

We had that ad here, I tell a joke about my friend Gavin who passed away from stomach ulcers, it was a real,shame, we miss him since gavis gone!! I'll get my coat. :)

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom