The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the chewable version of Gaviscon and I'm hating it, it gets all stuck in my teeth! Should have bought the water-soluble one but I decided to be cheap and not spend the extra 30 cents :facepalm:Anyway I don't feel a major effect but the stomach discomfort was very mild today, need to try it in one of those days when the stomach is killing me.

Watching the Dukes funeral, so sad to see the queen by herself, I said to my wife I can't see the wee kids, she said they are prolly on their phones.
I know some don't care for royals but do now as I get older.
R.i.p

Russ
News commentators have been banging on about "A Nation in mourning". We aren't, Philip was very old and we have been expecting his death for some time, also we are all rather distracted by something more globally important. However, we mostly all feel so sad for The Queen, for anybody to lose their partner, lover, sidekick and primary supporter after 76 years can only be devastating. Seeing her sat alone this afternoon was heartbreaking, and I don't say that lightly having been to the funerals of two very close family members in the last ten months and not being able to comfort those who were hurting the most. I feel for her today.

News commentators have been banging on about "A Nation in mourning". We aren't, Philip was very old and we have been expecting his death for some time, also we are all rather distracted by something more globally important. However, we mostly all feel so sad for The Queen, for anybody to lose their partner, lover, sidekick and primary supporter after 76 years can only be devastating. Seeing her sat alone this afternoon was heartbreaking, and I don't say that lightly having been to the funerals of two very close family members in the last ten months and not being able to comfort those who were hurting the most. I feel for her today.

I know where you're coming from, I havnt lost any relies since ??? 5 years ago my dads sister passed. I liked the service a lot.

Russ

My view on death includes... If you die at 16 years old, that's tragedy. If you die at 99 years old, that's victory.

But, I have some weird views on death. My friends all know I don't want a funeral when I die, I want a triple-kegger -- and they better float all three kegs. Oh, and do something REALLY irresponsible with my ashes. :wink::whistling:

CD

My view on death includes... If you die at 16 years old, that's tragedy. If you die at 99 years old, that's victory.

But, I have some weird views on death. My friends all know I don't want a funeral when I die, I want a triple-kegger -- and they better float all three kegs. Oh, and do something REALLY irresponsible with my ashes. :wink::whistling:

CD
I'm with you on this one. Funerals are hipocrisy, most people go there to chat, only 1 or 2 people are devastated, the rest are there to eat and mingle. There's an African culture where when people die, they get a huge party that can last days. I really like that. I love the idea of my death helping get together and have fun.

Last edited:
I bought the chewable version of Gaviscon and I'm hating it, it gets all stuck in my teeth! Should have bought the water-soluble one but I decided to be cheap and not spend the extra 30 cents :facepalm:Anyway I don't feel a major effect but the stomach discomfort was very mild today, need to try it in one of those days when the stomach is killing me.

Seems they don't do the liquid which is the one I use. You swig it and swallow.

I've always wanted to donate my body to science (here in Portugal med schools take body donations, they use them in classes for students to dissect). I like the idea of my body being useful after I die. I think funerals are a useless waste of money. They don't help me with my mourning, personally . Although I see a lot of pople who care about funerals for religious reasons and I understand that. Otherwise you can pay respect to a person's memory in many other ways that are cheaper and perhaps more meaningful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom