The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have started my new jigsaw puzzle.

I have started my new jigsaw puzzle.

View attachment 62190
That's a cute puzzle. Do you undo them and redo them or glue them?

We actually had a puzzle shortage here in the Midwest when the lock-downs first started. It was impossible to find a puzzle for months. The online companies jacked up their prices (something crazy like $25/each). Now they are being restocked thankfully.

Well, first of all, you have to be in water. :laugh:

I was out with my wife and some friends on the boat on a busy lake. I had the SeaDoo in tow. I jumped on the SeaDoo to go look for some friends who were supposed to meet us with their boat. While riding at a leisurely pace, a big go-fast boat apparently did not see me. That's what the police theory is -- I have no memory of what happened. One minute I was riding my SeaDoo, and about thirty minutes later I was waking up in an ambulance. I'm alive because of an expensive, well fitted life vest. It kept my face out of the water. Best money I ever spent.

Some boaters found me floating, unconscious in the lake, about 20 feet from my scuffed up SeaDoo.

Concussion, about forty stitches in my noggin, and sore ribs. No broken bones.

CD

Did they find the person who hit you?

Russ

Did not have to water my plants today, its been raining all day

Tonado watch going on. The tornado sirens are wailing. I've got the local news on with live coverage. No tornado at his point. Just rotation showing aloft on Dopler Radar. Big hail over Lake Lewisville (Western Border of Frisco).

They are saying that the tornado sirens went off mostly due to the very large hail, so people can get home if they are out. Golf ball to tennis ball size hail.

CD

Did they find the person who hit you?

Russ

Nope. No one saw what happened. That lake is the second most dangerous lake in Texas, due to the crowding, and the fact that no training or license is needed to own and operate a boat in Texas.

BTW, I have had boat training, and about 40 years of experience captaining a boat. I'm amazed at how many boaters here are clueless to the rules of boating.

CD

Nope. No one saw what happened. That lake is the second most dangerous lake in Texas, due to the crowding, and the fact that no training or license is needed to own and operate a boat in Texas.

BTW, I have had boat training, and about 40 years of experience captaining a boat. I'm amazed at how many boaters here are clueless to the rules of boating.

CD
We are happy you are here with us.
I was wondering had not the number of incidents and accidents make it obvious that the licensing and education of boaters is crucial?

We are happy you are here with us.
I was wondering had not the number of incidents and accidents make it obvious that the licensing and education of boaters is crucial?

In Texas? The no big-gubment State? The Texas legislature just passed a new law that would allow ANYONE over 18 who isn't a convicted felon to carry a loaded firearm, with NO permit, NO training. Buy a gun, strap it to your belt, and walk around like Clint Eastwood in A Fistful of Dollars.

CD

In Texas? The no big-gubment State? The Texas legislature just passed a new law that would allow ANYONE over 18 who isn't a convicted felon to carry a loaded firearm, with NO permit, NO training. Buy a gun, strap it to your belt, and walk around like Clint Eastwood in A Fistful of Dollars.

CD
That does not sound good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom