The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In which case, can you please tell me if Mars is really as boring as it looks in the video from the Ingenuity helicopter?
Nooo, not at all, we have all kinds of colours, shapes, scents, temperatures, sounds, tickles etc but we keep it invisible for preservation reasons!😎😄

We would be destroyed by tourism...

To be honest, we already have such an overflow of TinkerBells and PeterPans ...they are mostly out of work and hanging at the clubs, Tasty knows, on the other side...

I personally find our Deep Purple Mountain and the Rainbow Waterfalls unsurpassable.

You must come and visit one day!😁🏞️🌧️☔🌋🌠🌈

Nooo, not at all, we have all kinds of colours, shapes, scents, temperatures, sounds, tickles etc but we keep it invisible for preservation reasons!😎😄

We would be destroyed by tourism...

To be honest, we already have such an overflow of TinkerBells and PeterPans ...they are mostly out of work and hanging at the clubs, Tasty knows, on the other side...

I personally find our Deep Purple Mountain and the Rainbow Waterfalls unsurpassable.

You must come and visit one day!😁🏞️🌧️☔🌋🌠🌈

:roflmao:

Had the "pleasure" of talking to HR three times today regarding my employer's failure to withhold money from my paycheck in order to pay a new school district tax.

It's sorted now, but it was excruciating to go through, and I'm also stuck with a lump-sum school tax bill to pay for 2020.

It's sorted now, but it was excruciating to go through, and I'm also stuck with a lump-sum school tax bill to pay for 2020.

School taxes are property taxes here, which are not subject to withholding (at least not here). I pay a lump sum in property taxes every year. It sucks, but the alternative is to pay your mortgage company monthly, which goes into an escrow account where it earns zero interest -- and they always overestimate what you will own in taxes.

CD

School taxes are property taxes here, which are not subject to withholding (at least not here). I pay a lump sum in property taxes every year. It sucks, but the alternative is to pay your mortgage company monthly, which goes into an escrow account where it earns zero interest -- and they always overestimate what you will own in taxes.

CD
We have property taxes here as well. This is a separate school levy on top of that.

I see that the Scottish financial giant Standard Life Aberdeen has been "rebranded" and is now to be known as Abrdn. I wonder how many millions ended up in the pockets of oily "consultants" for this exercise.

Tssrs.

I see that the Scottish financial giant Standard Life Aberdeen has been "rebranded" and is now to be known as Abrdn. I wonder how many millions ended up in the pockets of oily "consultants" for this exercise.

Tssrs.

What bugs me is that I wasn't one of those oily consultants. :mad:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom