The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boris Johnson spoke yesterday with regards to UK foreign travel. Portugal goes to the green list whilst Spain remains on the amber.

I believe I can still fly to Lisbon and drive 1200+ km to Barcelona if I want to holiday this summer at home :hyper:
Perhaps it will change until July, August? Fingers crossed🍀🍀🤓

What could possibly explain that the new exchanged blender is not working either?
A)I am a complete and utter tech idiot b) the blenders were dropped from 10 m height and the motors are damaged c) it is a toy and it will not ever work
D) 3 hours of texting, videoing, photoing, circling, trying, detaching,attaching with boyfriend online is not enough to move a simple blender
E) donno

What could possibly explain that the new exchanged blender is not working either?
A)I am a complete and utter tech idiot b) the blenders were dropped from 10 m height and the motors are damaged c) it is a toy and it will not ever work
D) 3 hours of texting, videoing, photoing, circling, trying, detaching,attaching with boyfriend online is not enough to move a simple blender
E) donno
Sorry to hear that. I'd say since it's a blender and probably not too advanced technically, it ain't you. :)

I think you mentioned trying it in another electrical outlet (or maybe you tried another appliance in that outlet) - other than that, I'd say it's not a very reliable blender, and I'd want my money back. Even if you got a third one on exchange and it worked, how confident are you that it'd be working a week from now?

Good luck.

Sorry to hear that. I'd say since it's a blender and probably not too advanced technically, it ain't you. :)

I think you mentioned trying it in another electrical outlet (or maybe you tried another appliance in that outlet) - other than that, I'd say it's not a very reliable blender, and I'd want my money back. Even if you got a third one on exchange and it worked, how confident are you that it'd be working a week from now?

Good luck.
That is so true.
It is so simple, one button,and it just does not work...twice...
You are right. Will want money back.

It is raining like it is October. the birds chirping make it sound somewhat springlike.

12 C. Heating is off as it was 22 C yesterday. I put on a warm layer of clothing.

I was listening to NPR in the car today (as usual), and two of the three remaining survivors of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre were testifying remotely to a congressional committee about the event, which happened 100 years ago this month. The older is a 107-year-old woman.

Most Americans don't know about this event, so I'm sure the rest of you don't. It was 'whitewashed" from history for many years. Tulsa race massacre - Wikipedia

Now, some members of congress is trying to rewrite history on the January 6 insurrection on the Capital. "It wasn't an insurrection -- it was more like some rambunctious tourists." Humans never seem to learn.

CD

I was listening to NPR in the car today (as usual), and two of the three remaining survivors of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre were testifying remotely to a congressional committee about the event, which happened 100 years ago this month. The older is a 107-year-old woman.

Most Americans don't know about this event, so I'm sure the rest of you don't. It was 'whitewashed" from history for many years. Tulsa race massacre - Wikipedia

Now, some members of congress is trying to rewrite history on the January 6 insurrection on the Capital. "It wasn't an insurrection -- it was more like some rambunctious tourists." Humans never seem to learn.

CD

I only read so much. Couldn't do the rest. Are we any better 100 years on?

Russ

Perhaps it will change until July, August? Fingers crossed🍀🍀🤓

I am hopeless about this summer. I already was it so it is not a big drama for me.

Luckily, the vaccination roll-out in the UK is going really fast and has sky-rocketed in Spain over the last couple of weeks. I have received both jabs already since I was deemed front-line healthcare staff (even though I am an admin lol). My girlfriend will be called soon and, back in Spain, my in-laws are almost fully vaccinated and my parents will get their first tomorrow.

Optimistically speaking, October is our goal at the moment. If we finally make it we will end with nearly two years since last time we were there.

I am hopeless about this summer. I already was it so it is not a big drama for me.

Luckily, the vaccination roll-out in the UK is going really fast and has sky-rocketed in Spain over the last couple of weeks. I have received both jabs already since I was deemed front-line healthcare staff (even though I am an admin lol). My girlfriend will be called soon and, back in Spain, my in-laws are almost fully vaccinated and my parents will get their first tomorrow.

Optimistically speaking, October is our goal at the moment. If we finally make it we will end with nearly two years since last time we were there.
Splendid! That is all good news!
Except for the prolongation Till October...but for 2-3 months, you will make it, no issue.
Two years since you last visited Spain?
Aaah, that is long! Was it mainly due to pandemic or also work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom