The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A different thing has been the administration of the Spanish government before the vaccination roll-out. You can be there as if nothing is happening and on the following morning they would close borders, towns and impose a curfew
This is exactly the same in Australia between states/territories. So you can be in Queensland visiting family or on a business trip and if either Queensland, a neighbouring state/territory or your home state/territory gets a single community infection, then borders get closed and you get trapped in Queensland (or wherever you are).

Flash, emergency lockdowns are becoming normal here, lasting 3-5 days in addition to state/territory borders getting closed with no notice (or a 'at midnight tonight notice') . It has left thousands stranded in the wrong side of borders.

I'm lucky because I don't live in a town or city but rurally so these lockdowns don't affect me but I have had to pass police checkpoints to cross a state/territory border just to go shopping! We live within 1hr of such a border and hubby is employed on the other side of it, so we have a valid reason. It is just frustrating when you have a husband who lives by 'just in time' assuming no delays and can immediately park up! My family always ran late which I hated so I always give myself 15 minutes spare (my vehicle isn't as fast add his, given its 24yrs old and an old 4x4 with off road tyres. It takes time to get up to speed and isn't happy at 110kph, so I typically only drive at 100kph (the speedo isn't that accurate with the offroad tyres on it either) ).

The unknowns regarding border closings are why we're not traveling internationally this year.

The unknowns regarding border closings are why we're not traveling internationally this year.
Here the international borders are not reopening until "mid 2022".

State borders close and reopen randomly is the best phrase I can come up with. A single community infection is enough to put a city in an emergency lockdown for 5 days. More than 1 community infection closes state borders. Travelling of any sort is risky even internally in Australia.

Garden centre in half hour then supermarket for a few things, Saturday we do our shop for the week. We spent a lot last week so not a lot today. Lamb chops out of freezer for tomorrow family meal. There's 20 chops in the bag I got for $20. Cheap as chips. I will feed 10 here for about $4 a head, good hearty food, chop casserole mash spud and mashed swede/ turnip/ rutabaga ?
Garlic bread to start.
Ice cream n jelly/ jello for the wee ones. And maybe the big ones?
Were going to watch mr8 play rugby but he's got a bad cough ATM. So no game today.
Saturday's here as massive with kids sport, miss 11 is a good netballer , she's very tall. Three boys all play rugby.

Russ

Russ

The labrador dog belonging to the neighbor upstairs is probably 6 months old now and I clearly tell the difference in his steps. He's usually more agitated between 11PM and midnight, because she takes him out for a walk at night and he comes home full of energy and starts running around the house. Yesterday it was 11:30PM and the dog spent a good 2-3 minutes running non-stop. I lost my patience and went upstairs to talk with her. She knew too well she was in wrong because soon as she opened the door she started apologizing for the dog, before I uttered a single word. Silly woman is keeping a labrador in a 49m2 apartment with no concern if the dog is upsetting to the neighbors or not. I hear her telling the dog off when she pees inside the house but when the dog is running around the house at midnight she doesn't say a word. She could let the dog run in her kitchen which is right above my kitchen and obviously I don't sleep there, but she just lets the dog run wild knowing I would be trying to sleep in the division right below her. Ridiculous.

The labrador dog belonging to the neighbor upstairs is probably 6 months old now and I clearly tell the difference in his steps. He's usually more agitated between 11PM and midnight, because she takes him out for a walk at night and he comes home full of energy and starts running around the house. Yesterday it was 11:30PM and the dog spent a good 2-3 minutes running non-stop. I lost my patience and went upstairs to talk with her. She knew too well she was in wrong because soon as she opened the door she started apologizing for the dog, before I uttered a single word. Silly woman is keeping a labrador in a 49m2 apartment with no concern if the dog is upsetting to the neighbors or not. I hear her telling the dog off when she pees inside the house but when the dog is running around the house at midnight she doesn't say a word. She could let the dog run in her kitchen which is right above my kitchen and obviously I don't sleep there, but she just lets the dog run wild knowing I would be trying to sleep in the division right below her. Ridiculous.

A lab should never be kept in an apartment. They need a lot of exercise, which means a lot of room to run. I'd like to have some words with her for putting a lab though that kind of torture. That dog should be in a home with an acre of land to run until it is worn out.

Too many people get dogs they like, without thinking about what the dog needs. :headshake:

CD

but she just lets the dog run wild knowing I would be trying to sleep in the division right below her. Ridiculous.
I never owned a dog, although I can get along with dogs all right. I like dogs. And dogs like me. Generally.

It is sad that people think so selfishly, to her it is a pleasure, but to others, and the dog itsekf, she cares not.

When I volunteered in a rescue center, which at the time had 87 or 88 dogs, the workers were full of not so happy stories of dogs gotten into and out if households for all the wrong reasons.

They were best off at the center really.

Which is sad. Dogs are such wonderful beings.

I never owned a dog, although I can get along with dogs all right. I like dogs. And dogs like me. Generally.

It is sad that people think so selfishly, to her it is a pleasure, but to others, and the dog itsekf, she cares not.

When I volunteered in a rescue center, which at the time had 87 or 88 dogs, the workers were full of not so happy stories of dogs gotten into and out if households for all the wrong reasons.

I would love to give a dog a loving home, but sadly we don't have time to devote to taking care of a pooch.

In 10 years, 2 months and 18 days when I retire we will be getting a dog.
We went the opposite direction. We're four years and some days from retiring, and our dog passed away earlier this year, and we both agree we're not getting another one any time soon. We want to be able to go anywhere at the last minute and not worry about getting the dog squared away.

In my lifetime, my immediate family and I have had 12 dogs. Psycho-poodle is my own third dog. Here he is a few minutes ago, allowing me to share HIS bed.

IMG_1465.JPG

CD

Psycho-poodle is my own third dog. Here he is a few minutes ago, allowing me to share HIS bed.
Awwww...so cute, great hairstyle🤩
I was fascinated with how diverse dog personalities can be...can't they?
12 dogs, ho wow, you can say you know dog handling...
HIS bed😂so kind of him, not?
Thank you for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom