The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Us Army and Slovenian,alongside Croatian have participated in a joint exercise Immediate Response 21.

I missread, the show will be on Friday, no way I can attend, as I work. I probably wished it was Saturday. Although I work Sat too, but afternoon would have been possible.🤷

Oh well. Next year. And youtube.

My mom fell down while taking a walk yesterday, and now she's in the hospital. She has a torn meniscus, and will require surgery. I am driving out to be with her: it's about 700 miles away, and I plan on driving the entire distance in a single day.
I am so sorry to hear this. I tore my meniscus moving boxes off a moving truck. It was weird as I didn't fall or bend or anything. I felt it as it happened. I went through two arthroscopic surgeries that didn't work (my body created too much scar tissue). I finally had a full knee replacement in2015 (a full 5 years after the first injury).

I hope it is much better for your mom. Be safe on the road and let us know how you and she are doing, please.

P.S. Give mom an extra hug from me. ;-)

Last edited:
As I mentioned elsewhere, we're going on a little road trip, leaving tomorrow morning.

We're both pretty much packed, except for last-minute things, and MrsT just made me laugh:

"You know, it's been so long since we've been anywhere...I think I'm kind of annoyed to have to leave the house!"

And this is a woman who was born to travel. :laugh:

As I mentioned elsewhere, we're going on a little road trip, leaving tomorrow morning.

We're both pretty much packed, except for last-minute things, and MrsT just made me laugh:

"You know, it's been so long since we've been anywhere...I think I'm kind of annoyed to have to leave the house!"

My wife she's not flying anywhere this year.!!! Nuts. :(

Russ

How is the road trip going? Did you two eat 50 million snacks? ;-)

Good news: no surgery required for my mom! She’s in good spirits, and has rehab ahead of her, but this is much better than we had expected.
Lillo_SurfsUp_js_Awesome-vi.jpg

Champions final tonight in the portuguese city of Porto tonight.

I couldn't care less about soccer but the scenes the tv is showing are daunting, drunk people most of them with no masks crowding the streets, police detaining people, a huge sanitary disaster at the times we are living in. At the same time these english tourists are a much needed help for the local tourism. Overall this is a huge mess..

Champions final tonight in the portuguese city of Porto tonight.

I couldn't care less about soccer but the scenes the tv is showing are daunting, drunk people most of them with no masks crowding the streets, police detaining people, a huge sanitary disaster at the times we are living in. At the same time these english tourists are a much needed help for the local tourism. Overall this is a huge mess..
London and the British Government offered to host the final given that it was between two English teams, and with the current global situation it would seem the obvious thing to do. But no, the Uefa bigwigs wanted their weekend in the sun where their corporate sponsors could wine and dine them and they could all have a jolly time with plenty of back handers. Football is governed by corrupt freeloaders, and I feel sorry for Porto having to put up with our hooligans for the pleasure of a few millionaires.

At the same time these english tourists are a much needed help for the local tourism. Overall this is a huge mess..

Spanish govt has waived the need of a PCR test before entering the country whilst UK govt still maintains quarantine on return. And this happens because the industry only can keep afloat by trading as they used to.

The problem is bigger anyway. If nearly the whole country's economy hadn't dramatically switched to serve tapas and sangria that would definitively not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom