The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found a buyer for my car that I put up for sale a few weeks ago. I had it serviced and fixed up a few things first, but it's still in very good condition and I fixed a good price for it. By this week or the next one at the latest I hope to be able to sell it smoothly, I'm not very experienced.

Does anyone else ever, in their daily going-about-business, take a sudden dislike to someone you maybe pass in a shop or restaurant?

I'm in a department store, looking at the winter clothing on clearance, and there's a woman right behind me, looking at clothing on the same rack, and she's reading all the labels out loud, and I'm really fighting the desire to shove a hanger down her throat to shut her up.

Does that make me a bad person? :laugh:

Queen Elizabeth II was crowned on this day in 1953.

Does anyone else ever, in their daily going-about-business, take a sudden dislike to someone you maybe pass in a shop or restaurant?

I'm in a department store, looking at the winter clothing on clearance, and there's a woman right behind me, looking at clothing on the same rack, and she's reading all the labels out loud, and I'm really fighting the desire to shove a hanger down her throat to shut her up.

I so want to go shopping with you. Lmao.

Russ

You let all kinds of things bother you. So, I suggest instead of the hanger thing, you start talking to the invisible person with you. Just turn to the invisible person, and ask, "What do you think about this?" Then say, "You're right, it's too (whatever)." Talking to invisible people is a great way to get real people to give you some space. :wink:

CD

In about two months, that will be the weather here. :heat:

CD

I was driving from Central Texas to Dallas many years ago, and came upon a freight train wreck, with a bunch of derailed box cars. There were thousands of cases of beer scattered around the wreckage. I was a college student at the time, and drove a pickup truck. If not for all the cops at the scene, my friends and I would have had free beer for a few months.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom