The General Chat Thread (2024)?

Friday and Saturday just keeps getting wetter

Screenshot_20240404_065930_Weatherzone+.jpg

We’re getting the same storm system as Tasty, although not as bad. 25-40 mm of rain today, and rain most of yesterday as well.

Calm so far today (except steady rain) but lots of gusting wind last night.

. . . . . and in other news today, the City Council of Tewksbury has voted to rename the town
to Twerkingbury, NJ . . . " Film at 11.

Here’s how my day is going:

(Approaching Pretty Young Thing in the Kroger parking lot)
“I like that hat you’re wearing! It’s cool!” she says.

“Thanks!” 😏

“You look just like my grandpa!”

😒

:laugh:
Did you do the math on that? Her grandpa started young.

She might be a little sweet on you, eh?
At first, I was pleased with myself, because I thought, “She’s obviously sincere and not just complimenting in the moment for a better tip…she’s indicated I don’t need to leave a tip!”

Then I started thinking about it on the drive home, and that little voice in my head said, “Get over yourself, Romeo, she’s obviously playing the long game - she knows you’re in here once a month…she’s forfeited this tip, knowing you’re a sucker who’ll tip twice as much from now on. Well played, Cassandra…well played.”

At first, I was pleased with myself, because I thought, “She’s obviously sincere and not just complimenting in the moment for a better tip…she’s indicated I don’t need to leave a tip!”

Then I started thinking about it on the drive home, and that little voice in my head said, “Get over yourself, Romeo, she’s obviously playing the long game - she knows you’re in here once a month…she’s forfeited this tip, knowing you’re a sucker who’ll tip twice as much from now on. Well played, Cassandra…well played.”

Oh you suspicious soul, she likes you and wanted to let you know.
Accept the compliment!

Back
Top Bottom