The General Chat Thread (2024)?

Well a lovely thing has just happened.
My mum has agreed to help out my brother financially. This means he won't be homeless or end up having to move back down south and live with my mum or dad.

She doesn't want to handle the transaction herself so I've just finished talking to her financial advisor and everything is in motion!

I've just told my brother it's all go and I can't describe the palpable relief. He's over the moon and so am I!

Oh you suspicious soul, she likes you and wanted to let you know.
Accept the compliment!
I agree.
Then I started thinking about it on the drive home, and that little voice in my head said, “Get over yourself, Romeo, she’s obviously playing the long game - she knows you’re in here once a month…she’s forfeited this tip, knowing you’re a sucker who’ll tip twice as much from now on. Well played, Cassandra…well played.”

:laugh:
Well tsk tsk, it's not very gentlemanly to suspect ulterior motives.

I agree.

Well tsk tsk, it's not very gentlemanly to suspect ulterior motives.
It’s what my overactive brain does best!

Right now, I’m looking out the front window and watching a squirrel. We never have squirrels in the front yard.

“Smart squirrel - go where the others aren’t, maybe you’ll find an untapped nut source.”

Brain steps up, clears throat, “Um, sure, that could be it…or maybe that squirrel knows you’re up front and has moved up here to mock you. You better keep an eye on that one, he’s trouble.”

An emergency situation has arisen, there are only 8 teabags left 😱
Only 8 cups of tea between now and tomorrow morning when I'll hopefully be recovered enough to ride over to the Brit supermarket.
I'm in shock, how can I have let this happen.
Panic Mr Mainwaring PANIC 😆
I’d laugh at that, but that’s no laughing matter!

I’d laugh at that, but that’s no laughing matter!
My mind has gone into overdrive 😆
I'm thinking maybe theres some in my panniers, I don't usually go anywhere without tea so perhaps there are some in there, but the panniers are downstairs and I don't want to disturb my rumbling guts so I'm just going to have sit here and fret 😂

I'm thinking maybe theres some in my panniers, I don't usually go anywhere without tea so perhaps there are some in there, but the panniers are downstairs and I don't want to disturb my rumbling guts so I'm just going to have sit here and fret 😂
Can't DH go?

It would take 8 days for me to go through 8 bags of tea...and doesn't caffeine make it worse?

You need a TEA - Tea Emergency Advocate. That’s someone you can text or phone and say, “Bring me tea, stat!” and they have to bring it to you.

At home in the UK I have that 😆
Here nope, getting decent tea involves over a 1 1/2 hour round trip.
You've got some packed downstairs. You couldn't possibly have forgotten something so important to you!

I'd probably settle for some indecent tea to tide me over and order it to be mailed to me. Driving 1.5 hours for tea?

You've got some packed downstairs. You couldn't possibly have forgotten something so important to you!

I'd probably settle for some indecent tea to tide me over and order it to be mailed to me. Driving 1.5 hours for tea?

Well it's not so bad, it's a nice coast road, the mountains and the view is nice so it's a pleasant ride out n back. Plus it's worth it for the tea!

Theres also something strangely comforting about seeing the jars of Colemans mustard, mint sauce and Irish sausages all waiting for homesick Brits to snap up.

Well it's not so bad, it's a nice coast road, the mountains and the view is nice so it's a pleasant ride out n back. Plus it's worth it for the tea!

Theres also something strangely comforting about seeing the jars of Colemans mustard, mint sauce and Irish sausages all waiting for homesick Brits to snap up.
Well I hope you're feeling better quickly then. Maybe you can find something else to do in the area or on the way?

Back
Top Bottom