The "I quit sugar" diet

Not intended, just pointing out that even the "experts" can't agree.
I know. It's my own guilty conscience speaking to me. :mad: at me. No one told me to let the two bikes develop rust. Anyway...it's exercise today with no sugar in the way.

The main problem is that sugar is in just about everything we eat that comes in a box, or in a tin, or is frozen. And they put sugar in food on purpose to make people want it even more.

the only way to stop the craving is to stop eating any convenience food at all. To be honest, once you have stopped for say a week, the craving does go away. But it isn't easy. Willpower is needed. You can always come on here, and we will give you encouragement.

there is also a useful ap called myfitnesspal and you can download from Google. You can put your weight and height in and if will tell you the amount of calories you should be eatimg each day and it will even break down the amount of fats, calories, sugars carbs etc.

Not intended, just pointing out that even the "experts" can't agree.
Do they ever ?

The real problem is that most people sit on their backsides and do nothing. Many could survive quite well on half the calorific intake of a large hen [ok exaggeration but the point stands]. I suggest we stop the stupid diet culture and get out and DO something EVERY day - not just the usual 'Oh I go to the gym twice a week' rubbish.
The trouble is that the 'experts' can't make money selling a book that says eat what you want but stop being a lazy -------.

Do they ever ?

The real problem is that most people sit on their backsides and do nothing. Many could survive quite well on half the calorific intake of a large hen [ok exaggeration but the point stands]. I suggest we stop the stupid diet culture and get out and DO something EVERY day - not just the usual 'Oh I go to the gym twice a week' rubbish.
The trouble is that the 'experts' can't make money selling a book that says eat what you want but stop being a lazy -------.

I do think more and more experts are saying eat less and do more. And forget about diets. If you eat well and eat good food and exercise, you will lose weight. Slowly and healthily.

I'd love to make my own ice cream and control the sugar amounts as well. That is something I want to do sooner rather than later.

I have a recipe for homemade ice cream, and you don't need an ice cream maker. I'll find it and post it as a recipe.

I tried that and had some success after my Doctor's advice on cutting back weight. I did go some distance with it but gave up after I realized that sugar and spice rocks the world. I have not told that to the Doctor yet.:p:

With the prevalence of diabetes, I am not surprised of this new diet that is getting popular. However, eating too much sugar is not the cause of diabetes according to my physician brother in law. But in fairness to the sugar dieters, I think it is a good habit to shy away from too much sweets because it lessens the immunity of the body. And too much sweets help in adding unnecessary weight, huh. So I guess that sugar diet is also for me.

Do they ever ?

The trouble is that the 'experts' can't make money selling a book that says "Eat what you want, but stop being a lazy -------".
Make a good exercise book title though

Yeah, I just don't think I could sugar from my diet completely. It would sneak in there in something when I didn't even know. It's hard enough for me to limit my sugar (all carbs) the way it is without trying to remove every single bit. I'll flatly admit that I'm a sugar addict. I didn't think that was possible, but I believe it is now. The more sugar I have, the more I want. It's bad. It's poison. It's the devil!!! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom