The key food trends for 2021 in Australia

caseydog

Legendary Member
Local time
1:28 PM
I like to watch those old TV spots from the 1950's, where some company is highlighting their futuristic appliances or how to use their product in a hundred different dishes...you know, they always have things like Jell-O salad and garnishes cut into the shapes of little animals. Very kitschy stuff.

Fan potatoes always show up in those ads, with some kind of over-enthusiastic voiceover saying something like, "Today's hostess will be the talk of the coffee circle with these fun potatoes! Say goodbye to plain old baked potatoes, and say hello to these wonderful accordion potatoes, which can be stuffed, layered, and served in a variety of exciting ways! All the girls will wonder how you did it!"

:laugh:

Don't forget the patented RobCo Bass-O-Matic from the 70s. :D

CD

ThatDude

Quo Fata Ferunt
Local time
2:28 PM
Website
jonobrands.com
I agree, but some classics owe to be brought back!
..Like Cordon Bleu and the good old prawn cocktail - simply because they taste bloody good!
It's all cyclical, like fashion. What's old is new, and v. v. Some classic never go away because they've transcended the trend to become a staple. I think that's what a lot of people strive for, but rarely attain.

Top Bottom