The view from my window

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
7:47 PM
I know, I know, another photo thread, but this is a very specific one.

Pick a window, any window, in your residence or where you work (if they’re different), and take a pic.

This is the view from the window directly over my kitchen sink. This is what I see when I wash dishes:

IMG_8210.jpeg

Let’s see what you see!

OK, so here you have it. The first pic is from the upstairs bedroom window ( not ours, my son's), looking across to the littoral mountain range - which we all call the Avila:

Avila 1.JPG

Second pic is taken from the French windows downstairs, at the front of the house. The windows are about 10 mts in length, and open almost completely on to a patio (which is where we have all our parties/dinners/events. Another view of the Avila, but on a cloudy day.
Bromelias 24.JPG

Third pic is a view of the back garden, taken from the kitchen window. You can see those tall (eucalyptus) trees right at the top? That's the extent of our territory, but the space from the back hedge, to the top, is actually called a "green zone". Not ours, but we maintain it and are allowed to grow things there. In our case, it's mostly weeds.

Back garden.JPG

Every time I hear his bird sing, I know exactly where to look for him. It is a him, the brown shoulders and obsession with his reflection at the give away...

Screenshot_20240503_164730_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240503_164651_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240503_164422_Gallery.jpg

He's a Grey Shrike-Thrush and like all thrushes has a wonderful song.

Yesterday when my vehicle was at work with hubby, he took to hubby's SUV's wing mirrors and when he found he couldn't hang on to the wing mirror itself, started sitting in the windscreen wipers instead. Hubby's SUV has a big black dashboard, a perfect reflection. My 4x4 has a carpeted dashboard, less dust and no reflection!

This is from the sitting room window. I can literally put the phone against the glass, he is so obsessed with his reflection! 😆

Every time I hear his bird sing, I know exactly where to look for him. It is a him, the brown shoulders and obsession with his reflection at the give away...

View attachment 113117View attachment 113118View attachment 113119

He's a Grey Shrike-Thrush and like all thrushes has a wonderful song.

Yesterday when my vehicle was at work with hubby, he took to hubby's SUV's wing mirrors and when he found he couldn't hang on to the wing mirror itself, started sitting in the windscreen wipers instead. Hubby's SUV has a big black dashboard, a perfect reflection. My 4x4 has a carpeted dashboard, less dust and no reflection!

This is from the sitting room window. I can literally put the phone against the glass, he is so obsessed with his reflection! 😆
Well they say you have to love yourself first 😂

There's an australian magpie warbling outside which reminded me of this thread...

We're inside a cloud today, so no view beyond the road. Usually we can see the wind turbines.

20240504_091403.jpg

This is the bedroom window looking towards the fruit trees
The magpie is one of 3 sitting in the dead tree. It's a huge old eucalyptus that didn't survive the big drought a few years ago.

At the end of the flower bed, closest to the house, and fenced in, is my saffron patch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom