The view from my window

Oh what a nice thread, very personal, very diverse and beautiful sights. The front view from my kitchen is yet to be taken, possibly tomorrow morning, as it is dark now, 9 pm here. 2 days ago my daughter and I trimmed the tessa trees that grow in front of our windows. Honestly, we are the only ones, from roughly 100 inhabitants of our part of the flat building we reside in...that do any kind of care of that little strip of soil and tessa trees.

Our neighbourhood is family oriented and mostly nice, quite a lot of trees and benches and infrastructure (shops, bank, postal office, schools, kindergarten, Church, library, sports facilities, traffic etc), and fairly busy and densely populated. I will skip the bad sides for now. I adore the tessa trees, they moved me to buy the flat 7 years ago, alongside the internal rooms disposition and neighbourhood.

So, instead, a photo of the parking lot at my workplace, view taken last week to send some sunshine to my boyfriend, after several days of rain...beautiful sunset it was.

And the other photo was taken from my accommodation unit, the short trip I took to our coast...upon the surrounding roofs. There was a seagull on one of the chimneys. It felt a little bohemian...I loved the lighting of the moment too. And the recharging that this trip provided for me personally.

20240425_192207.jpg
20240405_181241.jpg

Oh what a nice thread, very personal, very diverse and beautiful sights. The front view from my kitchen is yet to be taken, possibly tomorrow morning, as it is dark now, 9 pm here. 2 days ago my daughter and I trimmed the tessa trees that grow in front of our windows. Honestly, we are the only ones, from roughly 100 inhabitants of our part of the flat building we reside in...that do any kind of care of that little strip of soil and tessa trees.

Our neighbourhood is family oriented and mostly nice, quite a lot of trees and benches and infrastructure (shops, bank, postal office, schools, kindergarten, Church, library, sports facilities, traffic etc), and fairly busy and densely populated. I will skip the bad sides for now. I adore the tessa trees, they moved me to buy the flat 7 years ago, alongside the internal rooms disposition and neighbourhood.

So, instead, a photo of the parking lot at my workplace, view taken last week to send some sunshine to my boyfriend, after several days of rain...beautiful sunset it was.

And the other photo was taken from my accommodation unit, the short trip I took to our coast...upon the surrounding roofs. There was a seagull on one of the chimneys. It felt a little bohemian...I loved the lighting of the moment too. And the recharging that this trip provided for me personally.

View attachment 113185View attachment 113186
Lovely bit of back story there 😊

Currently in Puerto Ordaz, and this is the inspiring view from the balcony:
Puerto Ordaz.jpg

Apart from the grotty abandoned buildings all around, you might just be able to see a stretch of water in the background. That's the river Caroní, which unites with the river Orinoco a little further upstream ( about a mile from where I am). The union is actually rather spectacular, as you will see in the next photo:
1714875561669.png

One river is deep blue; the other sandy. The Orinoco runs for 1,700 miles into the Atlantic .

Back
Top Bottom