The world food top 50 according to CNN

Oh, around here, Millennials know all about foreign foods, and don't want to eat food that "old people" like me eat. They drink five dollar lattes and eat whatever is marketed as "authentic" street food from other countries. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem eating Korean BBQ one day, but then follow that up with pizza the next day, and a cheeseburger and fries the day after that. I like variety.

CD

Way to stereotype an entire generation. ' Millenials " are not all the same, just as ' boomers' are not all the same. Trends come and go, and millenials are not currently running the world.

I am a millenial and eat a great variety of food and have no problem with ' old people food ' either. I am not sure what that is too.

Just out of curiosity, what are chicken and veal parm? “Parm” is referred to Parmesan or Parma ham?
Parmesan. Meat pounded thin, breaded, pan-fried, topped with cheese and red sauce. There's usually some spaghetti nearby as well.

Sorry everyone for being a millenial btw, we're the root of everything wrong with the world according to the news 😏
No need to apologize, you can't help being a Millennial. :)

Seriously, it's the curse of every generation to be labeled lazy, disaffected, smart-asses while coming up, and then to in turn be blamed for ruining the world for the next generation once you get a little older. It's the circle of life.

As a Gen X'er, I'm enjoying being the forgotten generation, stuck between Boomers and Millennials, but as the Boomers begin to leave us, I know my time is coming.

And funnily enough, I already hear my staunchly-Millennial niece and her husband complaining about the generation just after them! It's kind of hilarious. :laugh:

Parmesan. Meat pounded thin, breaded, pan-fried, topped with cheese and red sauce. There's usually some spaghetti nearby as well.

No need to apologize, you can't help being a Millennial. :)

Seriously, it's the curse of every generation to be labeled lazy, disaffected, smart-asses while coming up, and then to in turn be blamed for ruining the world for the next generation once you get a little older. It's the circle of life.

As a Gen X'er, I'm enjoying being the forgotten generation, stuck between Boomers and Millennials, but as the Boomers begin to leave us, I know my time is coming.

And funnily enough, I already hear my staunchly-Millennial niece and her husband complaining about the generation just after them! It's kind of hilarious. :laugh:

I was just joking, but the whole Millenials thing was getting a bit much in this thread, and I am not sure why we get confused with Gen Z'ers so often. My husband is a Gen X er too ( 1968, yes we have a big age difference) but that fits me well because I have had a difficult life and have only got friends around his age due to it.

I know even the ancient Greeks already lamented the next generation, it's human nature 😄

65 (almost 66) and a boomer here, for better or for worse. I never got into most of the boomer dietary things. Dad, of course, was nowhere near being a boomer, much less a millennial. And I am SO glad I inherited his tastes! And if this is what millennials like - I'm eager to try as much of it as possible!

Interesting about the numbers of FB users from Asia. I have one FB friend in India, and a few FROM India (whom I worked with).

I was just joking, but the whole Millenials thing was getting a bit much in this thread, and I am not sure why we get confused with Gen Z'ers so often. My husband is a Gen X er too ( 1968, yes we have a big age difference) but that fits me well because I have had a difficult life and have only got friends around his age due to it.

I know even the ancient Greeks already lamented the next generation, it's human nature 😄
The older I get, the less it bothers me to the butt of generational criticism, and I really try to be good about being open-minded toward the next ones.

At the same time, I have good relations with most of my niblings, and most of them are Millennials, and sometimes, they hit the stereotype so perfectly, I can't help but chide them a little, but I make sure they understand that I'm just teasing, and they're almost always able to step back and look at something they just did or said and laugh at themselves, and they do the same to me.

The only real thing that bothers me, and it's true of every generation, is that period that people go through from about 15-29 years in age, where they're transitioning from child to young adult to adult.

So many people in that age group, they're becoming socially aware for maybe the first time, and they can be so insufferably passionate about everything, and they're so convinced they have all the answers to everything, if people would just take them seriously. As someone who's already gone through that, it's easy to be dismissive and tell them, "Just wait it out. About the time you hit 30, you're going to stop worrying about polar bears and start worrying about your house payment." :)

Those years are as exhausting to me as any toddler years would be, or the first year with a newborn, or any other time. :laugh:

Sorry, millenials are from 1980 to 2000. I am from 1987 and 32, and thats a millenial for you.
You are talking about gen Z, and those are my stepkids.

Sorry everyone for being a millenial btw, we're the root of everything wrong with the world according to the news 😏

There are things I really like about millennials. Not crazy about their taste in food, music, and clothing. :wink: But that's normal. My parents don't like my music.

They could run my country, if they would bother to vote.

CD

Last edited:
Way to stereotype an entire generation. ' Millenials " are not all the same, just as ' boomers' are not all the same. Trends come and go, and millenials are not currently running the world.

I am a millenial and eat a great variety of food and have no problem with ' old people food ' either. I am not sure what that is too.

I meant no offense, but I do have some gripes. As you say, millennials are not currently running the world. Over here, they could be running the country, but they don't show up on election day, so Boomers run the country. Boomers eat boring "meat and potatoes," and vote.

CD

There are things I really like about millennials. Not crazy about their taste in food, music, and clothing. :wink: But that's normal. My parents don't like my music.

That's one area where Millennials and I overlap - clothing. Many of my Millie relatives laugh at my clothing choices some days, and my quasi-hipster beard (and at one time, my handlebar moustache), though I've had all that going since 1996 (I like to think the King Hipster saw me one day in 1996 and said, "Him! That's who I want to look like! The trilby hat, the facial hair, the tweed waistcoat and high-laced boots...that's it!" :laugh:).

Music I don't really have a problem with - a lot of that stuff falls into the old jangle-pop/paisley-rock kinda-like-the-60's category, which fits me like a glove. One of my nephews is a sound engineer and he plays in a couple of bands in the side, he's early 30's, and he'll occasionally ask me to help him arrange something he's working on to, in his words, "get it more Beatley." Makes me feel good. :)

You're right about the disaffection with voting. Only one niece (and her husband) are politically active. All the rest couldn't give a rat's, but they complain endlessly about "the govt." Hey, quitcherbitchin' and go vote!

Definitely not - my youngest two kids are millenials and they are very caring people who see it as important to vote and who want to make the world a better place. Like any generation, there are good caring folk and there are selfish folk (plus a lot of other types of people).

In my family, the one trait all our Millennials share is that they order a lot of their food form menu-prep services, like Blue Apron.

They all consider themselves cooks, but they don't know how to prep! :laugh:

I normally really hate classifying people and assigning stereotypical behaviours to them, but I can't help feeling a little sad that you all seem to have forgotten about us Xennials :cry: Please spare a thought for us poor unfortunates that are caught between two generations :giggle:

They could run my country, if they would bother to vote.

CD

Not long ago we were without wifi on New Year's Eve, my at the time 39 d.i.l put her play list on, I gave her a hard time about it all being "my" music 70s and 80s. Ub40 b52s elvis Steve earl George thoroughgood and so on. She just replied our music is crap. And she's right. My fave DVD is Roy o black n white album. I've played it for years. About a year ago my son (also 39 at the time) rang me about something from his car. I heard Roy o on in the background. I laughed about him listening to Roy. He replied I just bought the cd dad. Lol. It cracks me up.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom