The wrong and ( too) early Christmas exitement thread

I'll have to consider. I'm not sure right at the moment.

I feel the same. But given that I have a minimalist self illuminating 'twig' tree it will only take a few minutes. And when you live on a busy street in the UK people can see the tree in the front window. I already have LED fairy lights in various places all year round for decor.

I already have LED fairy lights in various places all year round for decor.
When we first moved to the UK, I was really impressed, because it was October and so many pubs and restaurants had strings of lights outside and a few places inside.

First pub I stopped in, I commented how much I loved that it was October and they already had their Christmas lights up.

"Yeah, uh, those are up all year round, mate, uh, they're just lights, yeah?

:laugh:

IS anyone thinking they won't decorate at least indoors, due to the fact they'll likely have NO visitors during the season? (Ie, because of the COVID uptick?)

I am wondering if I should even think of bothering.

I will put the outdoor lights up, and any cards I receive. But otherwise I am growing a bit Bah Humbug this year. I live alone and my cat isn't really going to appreciate any of this, even if she is now old enough she wouldn't disrupt anything.

When I was married, we NEVER spent Christmas at home. We went to her mom's house one year, and my parent's house the next. Back and forth every year. However, my wife insisted on decorating the inside and outside of the rather large house, including setting up our Christmas tree.

So, my advice is that you only do what you WANT to do. If it is nothing, then do nothing.

CD

We used to go mums until about 40 years ago when she threw a wobbly one day when she couldn't take my winding her up about her cooking. She was an ordinary cook and a panicker. She said she wasn't doing Xmas lunch again. I've done it ever since, my mum, one brother and my m.i.l used to come here every year. My mum used to retire to one of the kids bedrooms for a nap. So we've had it here every year, the kids work around us, daughter and son and partners and kids have lunch at 1 ish pm. They then go off to their other families. Lunch here is like thanksgiving to muricans, although we have a leg of lamb, turkey roll 2 (breasts around stuffing) and roll of pickled pork apple sauce new potatoes and roastys. Trifle that my daughter took over from my mum and continues today.
Kids have a ball with lots of prezzies. Normally a hot day so kids under the hose.
My fave day of the year by a street.

Russ

Thanks, everyone.

I admit yesterday when I posted that, I was a bit put out because the very first thing I did when getting out of bed on my birthday was to throw my back out. And toss down dangerous prescription level naproxen, and I posted while I was waiting for it to kick in. So actually I am not sure what I am going to do... probably no tree (though I'd like one, maybe) but i could put up the décor over the mantle - the Christmas village. PS, the back is doing much better though I am being careful and having regular strength naproxen in the interim.

On the fence today. I meant to put lights on one tree out there, set away from the house, but never got around to it due to other things that needed being done this day. We will have some snow overnight and tomorrow which might make that less accessible. We shall see.

Thanks, everyone.

I admit yesterday when I posted that, I was a bit put out because the very first thing I did when getting out of bed on my birthday was to throw my back out. And toss down dangerous prescription level naproxen, and I posted while I was waiting for it to kick in. So actually I am not sure what I am going to do... probably no tree (though I'd like one, maybe) but i could put up the décor over the mantle - the Christmas village. PS, the back is doing much better though I am being careful and having regular strength naproxen in the interim.

On the fence today. I meant to put lights on one tree out there, set away from the house, but never got around to it due to other things that needed being done this day. We will have some snow overnight and tomorrow which might make that less accessible. We shall see.

We've just had hail 5 days into summer. Take it easy man!!

Russ

Oh no, you are NOT done. Check out this video. You have a Fiat 500, right?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwGj_VenPRA

CD
I like the concept, but I'd like to see more of the outline/shape of the car defined. They get a lot of points for effort, though.

That guy is fairly annoying. Maybe this week, everywhere I go, I'll emphasis all my talking by continually slapping my fist into my palm and see how long I go before someone slaps their fist into my face. :laugh:

I want that sparkly "Baby" thing she has in her hair, just to throw people off.

F5FB63EE-A11E-4E8E-8D3A-618FF253DAA4.jpeg

A313A892-A8C9-4EF1-B96C-116276E8CAEE.jpeg

Late start this year just getting going with the decorating....

Back
Top Bottom