The wrong and ( too) early Christmas exitement thread

Tasters mate we came to a compromise. We needed another fan for the balcony so we bought this . Mrs B said she will decorate it later today.We bought some flashing light which I will fix around the rim and some tinsel from the mesh so when we switch and it oscillates it's disco time.View attachment 51739
In familiar with those kinds of compromises. :wink:

I tested Christmas flatbread toppings (feta or blue cheese with cranberries, nuts and rosemary). We couldn't choose a favorite so I'll use both toppings on Christmas Eve (as a late night nibble).
foc_f.png

We tested table decor lights as well. I guess we'll stick to this arrangement:
val.jpg

Not that I'm counting days...

The shopfloor bods are putting up their tree
Lullabellers many years ago I spent Christmas with friends just outside Leicester. For Christmas breakfast we had a piece of Melton Mowbray pork pie a chunk of Long Clawson Stilton and few glasses of Ruby port. Bob told me that was a tradition in your county ?

Lullabellers many years ago I spent Christmas with friends just outside Leicester. For Christmas breakfast we had a piece of Melton Mowbray pork pie a chunk of Long Clawson Stilton and few glasses of Ruby port. Bob told me that was a tradition in your county ?

A tradition for those of us with excellent taste :wink:

I grew up in one of the villages neighbouring Long Clawson and I remember my parents always making a trip to the dairy just before Christmas to pick up our cheese supplies for the festive season. We never had pork pie and cheese for breakfast but there was always some in fridge for tea time. I also remember that almost everyone in the village had their favourite dairy....we preferred Long Clawson but our neighbours always went to Colston Basset. I don't recall anyone going to Cropwell Bishop though.

Everyone always said that the Blue Stilton from the dairy tasted so much nicer than the Blue Stilton you get in the supermarkets - even if its the cheese from the same dairy! I'm not a fan of blue cheese, but I do love their White Stilton and its true that buying it from a supermarket just doesn't compare. I'm sad that we no longer have family living in the area so we no longer have guests bearing cheesy gifts :(

That is a plan I like the sound of, very much.

IS anyone thinking they won't decorate at least indoors, due to the fact they'll likely have NO visitors during the season? (Ie, because of the COVID uptick?)

I am wondering if I should even think of bothering.

I will put the outdoor lights up, and any cards I receive. But otherwise I am growing a bit Bah Humbug this year. I live alone and my cat isn't really going to appreciate any of this, even if she is now old enough she wouldn't disrupt anything.

IS anyone thinking they won't decorate at least indoors, due to the fact they'll likely have NO visitors during the season? (Ie, because of the COVID uptick?)

I am wondering if I should even think of bothering.

I will put the outdoor lights up, and any cards I receive. But otherwise I am growing a bit Bah Humbug this year. I live alone and my cat isn't really going to appreciate any of this, even if she is now old enough she wouldn't disrupt anything.

If you don't enjoy it, then why do it?

I do it because I enjoy it, not for the visitors.

Back
Top Bottom