The wrong and ( too) early Christmas exitement thread

This is the current status of the Christmas tree. It has thinned a bit, so tomorrow I am going to buy some more tinsel and decorations to fluff it up.

View attachment 50979

More pics tomorrow.
I love your colors. After a divorce, in the late 70's, I lived in a one bedroom loft apartment. The living area ceiling was two stories tall. I had access to wood land. I found a very large branch, spray painted it white then flocked it white. I purchased inexpensive blue and silver glass balls, a couple of strands of white lights and blue and silver foil wrapping paper. I found a light at a flea market that had a revolving shield in front of it. I put silver and blue transparent film paper in the shield. My packages were all wrapped in silver and blue foil. By far my most unique Christmas tree. Everyone in the complex, even people I did not know wanted to see my tree. It was stunning in it's simplicity.

So my tree has a rainbow theme. Lots of colors, some more visible in daylight but the tree looks best at night. And we now have a golden star on top.

And as you can see we also have a mini tree in the kitchen. We're getting a new faux tree next year because this one is getting thin.

I just made some spicy(ish) nuts for Thanksgiving. Pecan halves coated in a mix of orange juice, zest, egg white, brown sugar, salt, and chili powder. Baked in a low oven for an hour and once cooled, dried cranberries mixed in.

Tomorrow, it's stuffing/dressing and pumpkin pie.

I've started to place candles on the tabletops. It's dark outside; this pic was taken at about noon :watching:(12:28 pm). No snow at the moment. The Christmas tree will be placed next to the balcony door, in place of the clivia plant. Can't wait. Still a month to go. Ouch.
jou_3.png

Last edited:
I've started to place candles on the tabletops. It's dark outside; this pic was taken at about noon :watching:(12:28 am). No snow at the moment. The Christmas tree will be placed next to the balcony door, in place of the clivia plant. Can't wait. Still a month to go. Ouch.
View attachment 51298

A very nice table and table setting. Wish I had room for such a table...

I've started to place candles on the tabletops. It's dark outside; this pic was taken at about noon :watching:(12:28 am). No snow at the moment. The Christmas tree will be placed next to the balcony door, in place of the clivia plant. Can't wait. Still a month to go. Ouch.
That look lovely. And what a view!

I've started to place candles on the tabletops. It's dark outside; this pic was taken at about noon :watching:(12:28 pm). No snow at the moment. The Christmas tree will be placed next to the balcony door, in place of the clivia plant. Can't wait. Still a month to go. Ouch.
View attachment 51298

Spectacular view you have 😍

I'm starting to have rounded off my Christmas sweets (gift) collection.

I have:
2 packages of mr. Kipling Christmas slices
1 tin Quality Street chocolates
1 box milk tray chocolates
1 pack peppermint candy canes
1 tin Scottish all butter shortbread
1 pack gingerbread men
1 Christmas pudding
1 pack of iced mince pies

🌲🌲🌲

I'm starting to have rounded off my Christmas sweets (gift) collection.

I have:
2 packages of mr. Kipling Christmas slices
1 tin Quality Street chocolates
1 box milk tray chocolates
1 pack peppermint candy canes
1 tin Scottish all butter shortbread
1 pack gingerbread men
1 Christmas pudding
1 pack of iced mince pies

🌲🌲🌲

Very British!

View attachment 51298
Hemmers mate, beautiful view. We share similar tastes in lamp shades ( our old house in the UK)
1606368069563.png
1606368131798.png

Back
Top Bottom