The wrong and ( too) early Christmas exitement thread

Not a Christmas ad but one that touched my heart. Budweiser is known for their tasteful ads featuring their Clydesdales. This was their 2011 Super Bowl add. It honors the victims and first responders of 9/11. It is a reminder of the very real threat we face from crazy people. The ad aired only once. It is available on YouTube.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyP0JsyvYnA

I remember seeing the Budweiser Clydesdales up close and personal a couple of times. Those animals are breathtaking.

Not a Christmas ad but one that touched my heart. Budweiser is known for their tasteful ads featuring their Clydesdales. This was their 2011 Super Bowl add. It honors the victims and first responders of 9/11. It is a reminder of the very real threat we face from crazy people. The ad aired only once. It is available on YouTube.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyP0JsyvYnA

I remember seeing the Budweiser Clydesdales up close and personal a couple of times. Those animals are breathtaking.

I had a customer that used to breed Clydesdales. Magnificent animals. We also had a team used by a brewery here many years ago. DB breweries from memory.??

Russ

The horses bending their knees brought tears to my eyes and goose bump on my arms. A beautiful homage to the victims and first responders of 9/11. unfortunately too many people have forgotten. I have not and never will.

I used to take my German shepherd to obedience training. It's amazing what you can teach animals. When we were babysitting for our son about 10 years ago while he and his wife were out. He had a retriever about 6 months old. When he got home I showed him how I taught his dog to sit, and shake hands. He couldn't believe it. I taught my daughters King Charles to do the same, and roll over. People think King Charles are dumb.

Russ

The horses bending their knees brought tears to my eyes and goose bump on my arms. A beautiful homage to the victims and first responders of 9/11. unfortunately too many people have forgotten. I have not and never will.
I'm pretty sure that no-one who saw those images ever forgets. I remember the news broadcasts like yesterday. My brother phoned me 9/11 and asked me to open the TV. I watched the news for hours and hours. I still look at Youtube videos every now and then. (I even think about conspiracy theories :eek:). I recall being shocked by the bland/unempathetic expression on Dubya's face when he was told about the incident in front of cameras. Anyway, I think about the event almost daily and feel for the victims, their families and loved ones and look up to the heroes who helped. I often think about the horror, the desperate phone calls and the shocking leaps from the upper floors that were - unfortunately - aired. The (natural) deaths of my loved ones, 9/11, the Boxing Day tsunami in 2004, the sinking of MS Estonia in Finland in 1994 and Covid-19 are the five most terrible things in my life so far.

I have a feeling that most Finns love the US - not only for Normandy (and certainly not for the current state) but for the continuous cultural flow in the 1940's - 1990's that - at least partly - kept us from sliding towards the <grhm> east. Love and kisses to the whole Anglo-American/Anglophone world (and other regions as well - like Bella Italia and beautiful Croatia) 😍. P.S. My former school had US born teachers (nuns).

coc.jpg
sha.jpg
dou.jpg
aus.jpg

Haddon Sundblom's father was Finnish (he was the artist behind Coca Cola's Santa Claus figure). We'll certainly watch "Shaun of the Dead" at Christmas (once again). Doubtful Sound is the most beautiful place I've ever visited and if my hubby and I feel low, the Aussie gold hunters cheer us up.

I bought 18 more candles (but hey, small ones) for Christmas today 🤪. Next week I'll start shopping for frozen vendace roe and other well-preserving Christmas delicacies. Oops, it's over 2 am. Nighty night.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that no-one who saw those images ever forgets. I remember the news broadcasts like yesterday. My brother phoned me 9/11 and asked me to open the TV. I watched the news for hours and hours. I still look at Youtube videos every now and then. (I even think about conspiracy theories :eek:). I recall being shocked by the bland/unempathetic expression on Dubya's face when he was told about the incident in front of cameras. Anyway, I think about the event almost daily and feel for the victims, their families and loved ones and look up to the heroes who helped. I often think about the horror, the desperate phone calls and the shocking leaps from the upper floors that were - unfortunately - aired. The (natural) deaths of my loved ones, 9/11, the Boxing Day tsunami in 2004, the sinking of MS Estonia in Finland in 1994 and Covid-19 are the five most terrible things in my life so far.

I have a feeling that most Finns love the US - not only for Normandy (and certainly not for the current state) but for the continuous cultural flow in the 1940's - 1990's that - at least partly - kept us from sliding towards the <grhm> east. Love and kisses to the whole Anglo-American world (and other regions as well - like Bella Italia and beautiful Croatia) 😍. P.S. My former school had US born teachers (nuns).

View attachment 50867 View attachment 50868 View attachment 50869 View attachment 50870
Haddon Sundblom's father was Finnish (he was the artist behind Coca Cola's Santa Claus figure). We'll certainly watch "Shaun of the Dead" at Christmas (once again). Doubtful Sound is the most beautiful place I've ever visited and if my hubby and I feel low, the Aussie gold hunters cheer us up.

I bought 18 more candles (but hey, small ones) for Christmas today 🤪. Next week I'll start shopping for frozen vendace roe and other well-preserving Christmas delicacies. Oops, it's over 2 am. Nighty night.

I too watch ozzy gold hunters. I used to sell my wares to gold miners on the west coast, that's how I learnt to operate an excavator. I got to play sometimes with their gear.
Doubtful sound is truely worth the trip, I took family when they were young. Sand flies were annoying!

Russ

Back
Top Bottom