The wrong and ( too) early Christmas exitement thread

I'm already planning for next years real tree.
1607323272412.png

Sometimes we may decorate the tree, sometimes not. I bought this in Kuala Lumpur in 1997 although the trimmings and lights have been replaced over the years. This was Christmas 2018.

I'm still not feeling it. Is it just me, or is there something just a little bit melancholic about Christmas?
It's really weird with me. I'm not down or depressed at all, but I can't be bothered to do all the stuff we normally do, as far as decorating.

Normally, I deck out the pub, but this year, I just added some lights. It's not even cleaned up, there's crap everywhere. I'm normally picky about the pub being decorated and tidied up. This year, it's a mess...and that's ok.

Another example: we usually have two or three advent calendars going; wine, cheese, jams, candies...we just have the one this year (jams), and we didn't start it until today. Now we have to play catch-up.

Like I said, though, we're perfectly ok with it, not depressed about it at all. Maybe it's because we got the tree up earlier than ever and I have more lights than usual out front. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm still not feeling it. Is it just me, or is there something just a little bit melancholic about Christmas?
I'm definitely missing evenings in the pub with their open fire. The light switch on in town with the craft and food market. And our usual trip to the Cologne Christmas markets.

Its only the 8th though....so there's still time for things to start feeling more festive 🎄🎅🎁

It's really weird with me. I'm not down or depressed at all, but I can't be bothered to do all the stuff we normally do, as far as decorating.

Normally, I deck out the pub, but this year, I just added some lights. It's not even cleaned up, there's crap everywhere. I'm normally picky about the pub being decorated and tidied up. This year, it's a mess...and that's ok.

Another example: we usually have two or three advent calendars going; wine, cheese, jams, candies...we just have the one this year (jams), and we didn't start it until today. Now we have to play catch-up.

Like I said, though, we're perfectly ok with it, not depressed about it at all. Maybe it's because we got the tree up earlier than ever and I have more lights than usual out front. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I guess this year doesn't count as everything is weird.

I was looking forward to getting a nail polish Christmas calendar but they were sold out by the time we went looking for one. 😟 Now we're just opening candy boxes (that were meant for Christmas Eve).

Does anyone know a good eggnog recipe? We've tried eggnog just twice as it isn't a traditional Christmas drink here: the first one had too much orange zest and the second wasn't smooth (formed layers) due to whipped egg whites.

I think we need to latch on to next Christmas. I don't go in for wishing time away, but I do look forward to a Covid free Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom