The wrong and ( too) early Christmas exitement thread

There's a neighborhood in San Antonio that does that - Windcrest. Just Google "Windcrest lights" to see the images. They even have an awards ceremony and banquet for the winner.

Dug out the Christmas tree this morning. One set of lights don't work and the other set has suspect wiring. They only cost buttons and have lasted "on and off" for over 10 years. Time to buy new I guess.

Dug out the Christmas tree this morning. One set of lights don't work and the other set has suspect wiring. They only cost buttons and have lasted "on and off" for over 10 years. Time to buy new I guess.
Yorkers one of the biggest problems I had importing from Klang Malaysia for three month before Christmas was container shortages. The agent said Christmas tree, lights etc manufactured for export in Thailand was the reason.

There's a neighborhood in San Antonio that does that - Windcrest. Just Google "Windcrest lights" to see the images. They even have an awards ceremony and banquet for the winner.

Nice, but some of the pictures that came up were of the SA Riverwalk. :scratchhead:

CD

How times change. We cannot buy "normal" tree lights now. LED only. I wanted 50 but they only come in 140s. I'm dreading early January when I'll need to put them back in the box!

How times change. We cannot buy "normal" tree lights now. LED only. I wanted 50 but they only come in 140s. I'm dreading early January when I'll need to put them back in the box!

All the outdoor lights are LED - that's because I can connect something like 80 strings together because of their low wattage/voltage/whatever.

The tree lights are good, old-fashioned, too-hot-to-touch incandescents. Personally, I like the brightness of the incandescent ones - the LEDs always look pale or washed out. The trade-off is that they're durable, though. They virtually never wear out, whereas I find a burned out bulb on the tree every other day.

The beauty of that, though, is that the incandescent lights just unscrew light a regular light bulb - no fiddling with little plastic tabs and clips, and when one burns out, it doesn't affect the others.

I reckon the main difference between them is food stying (I mean the props) and lighting. Yours could be made to look just as good. What did you do with the dough you chopped out of the middle? Or was the wreath formed in some other way?
Thanks. If I sounded in anyway disappointed, I wasn't. I enjoy doing something like that occasionally, like making a gingerbread house, just to see how hilariously off it'll turn out, especially since I have virtually no artistic ability with food decorating.

I traced around an upturned bowl, then painstakingly cut the center out using a small knife (raw dough isn't too cooperative regarding precision cutting :laugh:), and I made a small "accessory pizza" with it. A pizza to go with your pizza!

Back
Top Bottom