The wrong and ( too) early Christmas exitement thread

It doesn't appear that "the dream" pizza is cooked yet. That's the difference.

I thought that at first but it is cooked - the bits on top are shavings of parmesan. Mozzarella is cooked under that.

Here is a photo before cooking of the same pizza:

1607875466763.png

I thought that at first but it is cooked - the bits on top are shavings of parmesan. Mozzarella is cooked under that.

Here is a photo before cooking of the same pizza:

View attachment 52714
Ok, so the dream pic is FRAMED. Parmesan would melt if it were sprinkled on top of a hot/warm pizza. Myth busted. TR's pizza is the real thing :).

Parmesan would melt if it were sprinkled on top of a hot/warm pizza.

I could argue with that. I often shave parmesan on top of hot dishes and it doesn't really melt. But we all know that food stylists/photographers often work with cold food. Regarding my own photos, I'm saying nothing ... :whistling:

I shall go even further and declare that the original is meticulously crafted from ceramic or plastic or some other shameful deceit (digitized? hologram? I wouldn't put it past 'em!) and therefore infinitely inferior to my own brave, legitimate effort, which I now regard as a minor masterpiece in culinary artistry! 👨‍🍳

:laugh:

I shall go even further and declare that the original is meticulously crafted from ceramic or plastic or some other shameful deceit (digitized? hologram? I wouldn't put it past 'em!) and therefore infinitely inferior to my own brave, legitimate effort, which I now regard as a minor masterpiece in culinary artistry! 👨‍🍳

:laugh:

As you should! ;-)

Phony pizza - 0
Tasty Reuben - 1

I reckon the main difference between them is food stying (I mean the props) and lighting. Yours could be made to look just as good. What did you do with the dough you chopped out of the middle? Or was the wreath formed in some other way?

It is ALL about food styling. I'm sure you know, as well as I do, that professional food photography often involves styling to the point that the food is inedible. Tasty's pizza was made to be eaten. The picture he tried to copy was made to look pretty, and probably thrown in the trash after photographed.

CD

Back
Top Bottom