Things Done On or With Toast

Anyway on topic, here are some of my toast pics from the past few years:

Sourdough cheese on toast with melted mozzarella and basil on top

Avocado toast.. I have to, I am a millenial... :typing:

Omelette with toast, made by hubby who doesn't spread butter my way :laugh:

Cheese & ham toastie with onion chutney and chilli dip

You were the one with the visible butter right? That's how I do them too.
Slightly off topic, but the other day I was at my mum´s (she´s 94) and she was buttering toast. The poor old soul has lost most of the strength in her hands, so the butter went on in half-inch slabs. I was going to offer to help, but then I thought, what the heck; an overdose of butter a day is probably one of the few pleasures still available!!

Slightly off topic, but the other day I was at my mum´s (she´s 94) and she was buttering toast. The poor old soul has lost most of the strength in her hands, so the butter went on in half-inch slabs. I was going to offer to help, but then I thought, what the heck; an overdose of butter a day is probably one of the few pleasures still available!!
Well, I guess you know her better than anyone else. I personally would rather do the butter in moderation, still a generous amount but too much of anything can ruin the taste of the food. So if you are around when I am in my 90s, please help me butter my toast!

If I am, I´ll be around 110...
She´s always loved butter. I think it was because the damn stuff was rationed during the war and she had to do with margarine, which she hates with a passion.
Well there's no arguing that margarine sucks. Mum knows best!

Back
Top Bottom