Today's Bread (2019-2022)

Do you make your own bread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my Neighborhood Gal Pals and I modified a no-knead recipe for high altitudes and the original recipe (under 300 feet) calls for 1 1/2 tsp. of Salt. Where we are it's 2 teaspoons.
IMG_5911.JPG

IMG_5913.JPG

I take photos of all of the foods that I make, and I got to thinking, when did I make bread last?
A YEAR AGO!!!!!
I've baked other things, but for reason, not bread.
I need to consciously make an effort, put a reminder on my calendar to clear a day and make bread!

Zucchini Bread, well it eats like cake though!

IMG_2035.JPG
IMG_2036.JPG

These are 5X3 (about) inch mini loaves baked in foil pans for our Community's Craft & Bake Sale.
We sacrificed one for quality control :highfive:and had a slice with a nice cup of Coffee for DH and Tea for moi.
Hmmm ... note to self, bake it 2 more minutes next time.

Zucchini Bread, well it eats like cake though!

View attachment 89593View attachment 89594
These are 5X3 (about) inch mini loaves baked in foil pans for our Community's Craft & Bake Sale.
We sacrificed one for quality control :highfive:and had a slice with a nice cup of Coffee for DH and Tea for moi.
Hmmm ... note to self, bake it 2 more minutes next time.

They look good. I like the way the zucchini (courgette) colour shows in the crumb.

Today’s rye bread:

The recipe did say this is an “Old World flat loaf,” and they weren’t kidding. I think it’ll work perfectly for fondue, because it’s a little dense. It’ll stand up to the cheese better.

That’s if I can quit eating it. I’ve had three slices already today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Husband is so pleased with his new stand mixer, he got ambitious and decided to feed my sourdough starter and try making sourdough bread.

He messed up a few things - he’s generally not great at baking because he never measures anything- but he turned out a decent loaf. Crust is a bit dry and hard, and it’s a little dense, but not bad for a first attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom