ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
1:04 AM
I want to show different ways to use Tomato Confit

Tomato Puff Pastry Tart

INGREDIENTS
1 Sheet Puff Pastry - defrosted
Tomatoes - cut into 1/4" slices (the number needed will depend on the size of the tomatoes)
2 1/2 TBSP English Mustard or strong Dijon (I like the heat of English Mustard)
1 Tsp. Herbes de Provence (substitute Italian Herbs or your own assortment of dried herbs. I used Marjoram, Rosemary, Thyme and Oregano)
3 TBSP grated Parmesan Reggiano
2 TBSP oil from Tomato Confit
Pinch each - Fresh Parsley, Thyme, Chives or thinly sliced Scallions and Basil. Whatever fresh herbs you have available
1/2 cup Recipe - Tomato Confit - room temperature, drained, oil reserved

METHOD
. set oven to 400 degrees F (200 C)
. Unfold defrosted Puff Pastry on a lined sheet pan. Press the folds smooth. From one end cut 4 1/4" strips. Lightly brush the extreme edges of the crust with water. Gently press the strips along the 4 edges. Freeze for 10 minutes.
. Use the tip of a knife to score the border at 1/4" intervals. Use the tines of a fork to poke holes all over the bottom of the crust.
. Bake on the center rack for 10 minutes, until the border begins to turn golden and the bottom puffs.
. Remove from the oven and press down the bottom of the tart with the back side of a fork.
. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
. Brush the bottom of the tart shell with mustard. Place the tomato slices over the mustard in a single layer. Cut slices in 1/2 to fill in the gaps.
. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, dried herbs and Parmesan. Drizzle with oil from Tomato Confit.
. Bake for 39 minutes. Use 2 spatulas and gently move the baked tart to a cooling rack. I was not gentle enough and broke one of the borders. Will not affect the taste.
. Distribute the drained Tomato Confit over the tart. Finish with fresh herbs.
. Let cool about 10 minutes.
Enjoy!
20211229_184234.jpg

20211229_191846.jpg

20211229_201551.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom