Travel Plans For 2023

Around the Glencoe area again but not accessible by road.
1688251533534.png

These are the Isle of Skye (again)
05_May.JPG

09_September.JPG
10_October.JPG
IMG_7614v2.JPG

A great location for moody images!

img_8706ab_800.jpg
and another from the Isle of Lewis.

Well thank you that's most kind. I have only the vaguest of plans at the moment. They consist of going back to an amazing seafood restaurant where I had a platter that almost broke me 😂 and I haven't been to any (not a single one) of the isles.
Any Isle info like which are worth a visit would be lovely 👍

We stayed in Inverness for s week and explored the left hand corner of Scotland. It is so much like nz. We loved isle of Skye. I highly recommend it.

Russ

SatNavSaysStraightOn

BIG thankyou.
Thanks for posting all those beautiful pics. Really looking forward to it now.
I've copy and pasted the post to my Scotland trip notes which I'm now inspired to starts thanks to all that lovely info.

If I'd taken those pics I would have to go back there in October, seeing that again would be a must, especially after having to attend a wedding!

Morocco is splendid for tourists. Agadir is one of the biggest places and when you give some little money to the locals they show you all the good places (cheap restaurants, the big market, the port). Haven't been to Marrakesch, but I heard it's the same and the architecture is more traditional, the Sahara is a day tour away. If you spend some more money to the right person, they'll invite you to their "happy farms" if you know what I mean.
Sounds great. Not sure I should visit a happy farm if I'm riding a motorbike though 😂

If I'd taken those pics I would have to go back there in October, seeing that again would be a must, especially after having to attend a wedding!
I spent a lot of my youth there. It was my childhood playground literally. I also used to camp each Christmas and New Year period with my hubby up there, not to mention a solo wild camp just meters from where i used to live, when temps dropped to -15°C and lower (in F, -20°C is -4F) and we've had many many holidays both camping and touring by vehicle and also many years of staying on Loch Rannoch and a cycle tour or three as well... (John O'Groats to ???) & (Dogs Still Not Included)
I can also highly recommend Loch Rannoch area but you have to approach that from the east coast (Pitlochry) unless you're on foot or a bicycle and then it's a train journey and a long walk or a great ride. There are sections in our big tour that cover that bit. We had a week off saying bye to some friends on Loch Rannoch. (Our Second Tour - Touring on 2 yellow bikes)

But I'm also very taken with the far NW coast and the area along the top of Scotland. The JOGLE tour has some fantastic pictures in it as well.

Take a trip to Islay. I did, in 2001. Worth every moment, even though the ferry trip is about 2 hrs. Wonderful place I'd go back to anytime.
Of course, one of its main attractions is that it has 9 single malt whisky distilleries...
I did this in 2016 during Feis Isle, their annual whisky festival.

We were on Islay for 10 days, visited 8 distilleries, and attended 21 events/tastings. My liver still hasn’t forgiven me but it was well worth it!

I spent a lot of my youth there. It was my childhood playground literally. I also used to camp each Christmas and New Year period with my hubby up there, not to mention a solo wild camp just meters from where i used to live, when temps dropped to -15°C and lower (in F, -20°C is -4F) and we've had many many holidays both camping and touring by vehicle and also many years of staying on Loch Rannoch and a cycle tour or three as well... (John O'Groats to ???) & (Dogs Still Not Included)
I can also highly recommend Loch Rannoch area but you have to approach that from the east coast (Pitlochry) unless you're on foot or a bicycle and then it's a train journey and a long walk or a great ride. There are sections in our big tour that cover that bit. We had a week off saying bye to some friends on Loch Rannoch. (Our Second Tour - Touring on 2 yellow bikes)

But I'm also very taken with the far NW coast and the area along the top of Scotland. The JOGLE tour has some fantastic pictures in it as well.
Some really cool stuff for me to look at later when I have my sons b’day done! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom