Travel Plans For 2023

But you had a dog! They are far worse IMHO.

Back to travel. I've not been anywhere outside Maidstone since the pandemic began. Its beginning to get to me... but the chance of going anywhere soon is impossible. When my leg is mended, maybe I can buy another car and do a day trip. I miss the sea so much...
Yeah, because dogs can reach body parts with their mouths that people can't. And some people let their animals lick their faces, LOL. My husband had 4 kids and a dog when I came along, but I really think that the dog was cleaner than they were for the most part. They did evolve thankfully. The dog died and he was a great dog, I haven't had another animal since (except for my squirrels and the ground hog who live out back that I have never touched and never will).

I hope your leg mends perfectly and very soon. You deserve to get out and about!

Last edited:
Not to me, they’re not. My dog never went to school and came back with whatever cooties were being passed around there. Except for twice-yearly vet visits, she never left her two-acre yard.

Maybe the squirrels were sneezing on her, though…Hmmm…

maybe I can buy another car
What happened to your current (or should I say, most recent) car?

Back to travel. I've not been anywhere outside Maidstone since the pandemic began. Its beginning to get to me... but the chance of going anywhere soon is impossible. When my leg is mended, maybe I can buy another car and do a day trip. I miss the sea so much...
If you don't drive much, you really don't need a car. Why not rent one as needed?

Yay, we just booked a driving trip over to Hanover, Pennsylvania for mid-August.

As some may remember, MrsT and I are planning to retire in south-central PA in 2026-2027. To that end, we’ve been making short breaks over to further investigate specific areas and retirement communities. It’s about a seven-hour drive.

Personally, I’m hoping things go well, as this is where I’d like to retire, and it carries a lot of weight with MrsT, because it’s where her family settled shortly after the American Revolution (dad’s side, anyway), so she loves visiting the area, walking through the cemeteries, and seeing her family name on gravestones that go back to the early 1700’s (many in German).

This trip, we’ll be specifically concentrating on the town of Hanover, which would be “our” town, should we retire there. It’s similar to here in size, about 17,000 people, so not too big, while still having necessities, like a hospital and a couple of good-sized grocery stores.

Hanover, Pennsylvania - Wikipedia

Yay, we just booked a driving trip over to Hanover, Pennsylvania for mid-August.

As some may remember, MrsT and I are planning to retire in south-central PA in 2026-2027. To that end, we’ve been making short breaks over to further investigate specific areas and retirement communities. It’s about a seven-hour drive.

Personally, I’m hoping things go well, as this is where I’d like to retire, and it carries a lot of weight with MrsT, because it’s where her family settled shortly after the American Revolution (dad’s side, anyway), so she loves visiting the area, walking through the cemeteries, and seeing her family name on gravestones that go back to the early 1700’s (many in German).

This trip, we’ll be specifically concentrating on the town of Hanover, which would be “our” town, should we retire there. It’s similar to here in size, about 17,000 people, so not too big, while still having necessities, like a hospital and a couple of good-sized grocery stores.

The Hanover name is famous for the horse stud there. Many stallions have stood here from Hanover. Holmes Hanover was famous here for years. Mark Hanover just bought a top horse here to race here then in the states.

Russ

I noted:

Hanover is considered by many to be the snack food capital of the United States and has been featured multiple times on the Food Network.[21] It has been home to Utz Brands since 1921 which still produces its products there (along with an Utz outlet store) and Snyder's of Hanover since 1905.[13] In nearby areas there are other snack food makers including Hanover Foods, Wolfgang Candy, Martin's Potato Chips, Stauffer Biscuit Company, Hershey Foods, Herr's Snacks and Gibbles Potato Chips, among others.[22]

I'm going to Houston, TX next Tuesday for 8 days to dog-sit and house-sit for my brother and his wife. My cousins from Port Arthur are going to drive over with my last living aunt to visit me one day while I'm there.

Back
Top Bottom