Trumps history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get too excited. The House of Representatives impeaches, which is sort of like being indicted in criminal court. Then there is a trial in the Senate, who serves as a jury who must convict the President. To be convicted, a few Republican Senators will have to vote to convict -- and put themselves and their families in danger.

CD

I would be very, very surprised if he ever gets incarcerated for anything. Steep fines, yes. Public humiliation, yes. Locked up, not so sure about that. It rarely happens to people at that level.

Then again, he was a president like no other, so maybe he'll be exceptional in that sense as well. :laugh:

Well, they say that New York state is going to go after him and he can't pardon his way out of state charges. He needs to be fully impeached or convicted of a felony so his political career is over and done.

I know it's kind of conspiracy theory-ish, but I've kind of wondered if he was hoping some of the members of congress and/or senators would be injured or killed so that he would have an excuse to declare martial law and try to extend his presidency.

Well, they say that New York state is going to go after him and he can't pardon his way out of state charges. He needs to be fully impeached or convicted of a felony so his political career is over and done.

I know it's kind of conspiracy theory-ish, but I've kind of wondered if he was hoping some of the members of congress and/or senators would be injured or killed so that he would have an excuse to declare martial law and try to extend his presidency.

I'm truely surprised he's still walking this earth.

Russ

A crossbow with multiple bolts, guns with lots of ammo, including semi-automatics, nooses, handcuff zip ties, Molotov cocktails, batons, brass knuckles, irritating gas bombs and pipe bombs are NOT part of peaceful protester's arsenals, nor are they part of "things just got out of hand" protestor's arsenals. Capitol police have been reported as stating they felt like what they did confiscate was only a very small part of the weapons that were present at the capitol that day.

Personally I see Trump as a boil on the arse of America. A boil is caused by deficiencies, you can treat the boil but to stop it reoccurring you have eradicate said deficiencies. Mitch Mcconnell is one of a number of very dangerous "suits" within the GOP. They took full advantage politically of Trumps "Presidency". Those people who rioted were Americans, they represented the thoughts of many Americans. Back in the day before the Obama's first victory, I was the UK mod for one of the top five Political forums in America. The hard right white supremacists have been allowed to entrench themselves in every strata of American society. I said they would not suddenly give up their evil with Obama's victory and they won't with Trump's defeat. Education of American children is my hope. Ban homeschooling.

It will be interesting to see how many Republican Senators will break ranks and vote against him. Surely there has to be a point when they concede that Trump has become a liability to their party.

A lot apparently do, including some of the higher ups, given statements they have made. The question is whether they will actually vote to impeach.

Something that occurred to me is that all of these megabucks companies that pump money into the bank accounts of those who are already rich (often sports people) seem to have taken an inordinately long time to take issue with the Orange Buffoon. Had it been a footballer, basketball player or whatever that had spouted some of the vile garbage that Trump has for so many years, they would have been dropped pretty quickly.

Interesting, too, that professional golf suddenly seems to have developed a smidgeon of social conscience. This is a sport that has been so far up Trump's backside for so long that all you can see is the spikes of their golf shoes sticking out. Oh well, better late than never, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom