Trumps history

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just said on the news just a few minutes ago here that they're not sure that's the same fire extinguisher incident.
CNN has just gone blank.

I remember when people were so impressed that he didn't accept the president's salary while overlooking that he required his staff and Secret Service to stay at one of his properties for his various out-of-town trips. He made way more than he would have received as salary. And, he will have SS for the rest of his life. He'll keep raking in all kinds of money on that alone.
He's already the leader of the SS, so I'm sure there are plenty Gestapo officers who would be happy to do the job for free.

Oh...you meant Secret Service. Never mind.

My concern on Inauguration Day isn't for Joe Biden or Kamala Harris. I honestly don't know why they don't just have the swearing-in ceremony indoors (maybe inside the White House). But, they seem determined. The security detail they have set up is clearing out the Mall area so no one can get close, it's been ringed with 8 foot tall fencing, and there are 10,000 National Guard soldiers deployed. By contrast, there are 4500 troops in Afghanistan.

My real concern is what's going to happen at the state capitols, particularly my own. Protests that are calling themselves "Second Amendment Rallies" are planned to take place at all 50 state capitols. For those overseas who don't know, the Second Amendment is the Right to Bear Arms, so expect the protesters to be heavily armed.

Compared to the small army deployed in Washington D.C., Lansing, Michigan, is expected to have "dozens" of police officers. In April, when Governor Gretchen Whitmer had the unmitigated gall to apply restrictions to businesses so people wouldn't die of COVID, Trump tweeted "Liberate Michigan!" Armed Trump supporters walked into the capitol building and basically took over. There was no way the light security detail could stop them. No one got hurt, but it was a terrifying episode. Trump praised the "patriots" for their actions. They actually have a sign now that says “Open carry of firearms is prohibited in the Capitol.”

And, lest we forget, there was also in October a plot to kidnap our governor. <-- yes...there's actually a Wiki page for that now. Shockingly, Trump never condemned the plot. Instead, later that month, he held a rally where Trump supporters chanted "Lock her up!" to which he replied, "Lock 'em all up."

I hope nothing happens at any of the protests, but I don't have a good feeling about it. Trump has broken our country, all for his own personal gain. When the Mueller investigation was going on, I told my wife that everyone around him is going to jail, but he's going to get away with it. That's what happened then, and it seems to be happening in the wake of the attack he provoked.

But, I really do think he will go to jail. As medtran49 pointed out, there are cases not related to this going on in New York for his potential tax fraud. I immediately thought of Al Capone. The federal government couldn't convict him of his real crimes, so they got him for tax evasion. And, I also have hopes that there will be prosecution for what he's done to our country in some form. But, if not, then hopefully we can look forward to the state of New York putting him away.

My concern on Inauguration Day isn't for Joe Biden or Kamala Harris. I honestly don't know why they don't just have the swearing-in ceremony indoors (maybe inside the White House). But, they seem determined. The security detail they have set up is clearing out the Mall area so no one can get close, it's been ringed with 8 foot tall fencing, and there are 10,000 National Guard soldiers deployed. By contrast, there are 4500 troops in Afghanistan.

My real concern is what's going to happen at the state capitols, particularly my own. Protests that are calling themselves "Second Amendment Rallies" are planned to take place at all 50 state capitols. For those overseas who don't know, the Second Amendment is the Right to Bear Arms, so expect the protesters to be heavily armed.

Compared to the small army deployed in Washington D.C., Lansing, Michigan, is expected to have "dozens" of police officers. In April, when Governor Gretchen Whitmer had the unmitigated gall to apply restrictions to businesses so people wouldn't die of COVID, Trump tweeted "Liberate Michigan!" Armed Trump supporters walked into the capitol building and basically took over. There was no way the light security detail could stop them. No one got hurt, but it was a terrifying episode. Trump praised the "patriots" for their actions. They actually have a sign now that says “Open carry of firearms is prohibited in the Capitol.”

And, lest we forget, there was also in October a plot to kidnap our governor. <-- yes...there's actually a Wiki page for that now. Shockingly, Trump never condemned the plot. Instead, later that month, he held a rally where Trump supporters chanted "Lock her up!" to which he replied, "Lock 'em all up."

I hope nothing happens at any of the protests, but I don't have a good feeling about it. Trump has broken our country, all for his own personal gain. When the Mueller investigation was going on, I told my wife that everyone around him is going to jail, but he's going to get away with it. That's what happened then, and it seems to be happening in the wake of the attack he provoked.

But, I really do think he will go to jail. As medtran49 pointed out, there are cases not related to this going on in New York for his potential tax fraud. I immediately thought of Al Capone. The federal government couldn't convict him of his real crimes, so they got him for tax evasion. And, I also have hopes that there will be prosecution for what he's done to our country in some form. But, if not, then hopefully we can look forward to the state of New York putting him away.
I completely agree with you. Some people were suggesting they could do a virtual Inauguration due to COVID restrictions, but Biden and Harris seem headstrong on having the traditional ceremony, although a bit scaled back. I also believe they may feel they are capitulating to the domestic terrorists by changing the format.

I am also worried about what will happen at the state Capitols because law enforcement seems to be reactionary versus precautionary. There were signs that something was going to take place on January 6th and it seems like nobody was really prepared or even knew how to get control of the situation once they were in it. That's why Pelosi called for the Chief of Capitol Police's resignation. I usually don't agree with those kind of terminations but it seems warranted in this case. Somebody (or several) dropped the ball.

As far as Trump goes, I have many doubts that he will actually "pay" for his crimes. People like him always slip through the cracks. I want to see justice prevail. I just don't know if it will happen in this case. He still has quite a few people mesmerized. It will take generations for the country to heal from all he's done. History will tell the tale and it won't be pretty.

I read this morning that there are more troops in the Capitol presently than there are in Iraq or Afghanistan. This is not a good look. But then again, you could say that of the last four years.
My worry is the deployment could turn into a trojan horse. I just watched the two cops who were very badly roughed up . Both were very photogenic. Biden should start the healing process by making them his star turn at his inauguration by presenting them with Congressional Medals of Honor. A, because they deserve it. B, because his approval rating would rocket.

My worry is the deployment could turn into a trojan horse. I just watched the two cops who were very badly roughed up . Both were very photogenic. Biden should start the healing process by making them his star turn at his inauguration by presenting them with Congressional Medals of Honor. A, because they deserve it. B, because his approval rating would rocket.
This is a very good idea, but he would also likely invite other heroic Capitol Hill officers. There was one guy who single-handedly led a group of insurgents away from the Senate chambers, possibly saving some lives in the process. And, it would probably happen somewhat later on his agenda:

1. Complete inauguration without anyone dying.
  2. Ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution and pandemic recovery (such as aid to citizens and businesses).
  3. Prioritize what to fix next that Trump has broken.
  4. Invite heroic Capitol Hill police and security officers to the White House to recognize them for their bravery.

This is a very good idea, but he would also likely invite other heroic Capitol Hill officers. There was one guy who single-handedly led a group of insurgents away from the Senate chambers, possibly saving some lives in the process. And, it would probably happen somewhat later on his agenda:

1. Complete inauguration without anyone dying.
  2. Ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution and pandemic recovery (such as aid to citizens and businesses).
  3. Prioritize what to fix next that Trump has broken.
  4. Invite heroic Capitol Hill police and security officers to the White House to recognize them for their bravery.
It just shows the state of affairs that point 1 of your list needs saying, and sadly it does.

I read this morning that there are more troops in the Capitol presently than there are in Iraq or Afghanistan. This is not a good look. But then again, you could say that of the last four years.
There are reports that they didn't want to call in the National Guard for the riot because it "would look bad". Well, it already looked bad. I would rather have a strong presence of law enforcement than see the Capitol get overrun by thugs.

I am also very concerned about the reports that all the state Capitols are on high alert for Inauguration Day. It makes me wonder what will really be targeted while law enforcement is preparing for riots at the Capitols. Like The Late Night Gourmet, I hope we can make it through the day without anyone dying. THAT's not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom