Recipe Tuna Vegetable Salad with ...everything:)

thestoryteller1

Veteran
Local time
6:27 PM
Hey guys,
so I am not such a sea food fan, but I was craving more fish lately, so I found few tuna salad recipes and combined anything I could find. I like this recipe because I didn't need to cook the tuna, and all I had to do is just a lot of chopping and mixing. I added any veggies I had on hand, and I made huge amount (2 big bowls) so it ended up for 4-5 people (we are 2 so it was lunch and dinner).
Basically you combine 2 cans of tuna (or 1 if you want less amount), 1-2 fresh tomatoes, 1-2 fresh peppers, 1 onion, 1 small can of corn mixture(this was corn, pepper and peas), half can black beans, some lettuce, and 3-4 boiled eggs...it was great!
I also got a restaurant salad of similar kind later in the week, except it also had black olives- great addition!
And then of course you can put any seasoning you like.
The seasoning I used was olive oil, vinegar, and few spices, but the restaurant one had mayo-based sauce (something similar to Ranch) and it also tasted really good.

I have made something similar to this as well. I think there is a bit of Italian origin to this. I did not add lettuce or the corn mix, but mostly tomatoes, colored peppers, onions, and beans. No eggs, I'll have to try that next. Then I used olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, and shredded sharp cheddar. It is a great salad because for some reason the olive oil flavor works very well with tuna. Thanks for reminding me I'll have to make this again soon!

I've made many different kinds of tuna salad but never thought of adding tomatoes. I will have to give that a try. I do make a very simple and filling tuna dish with chickpeas , olive oil and salt and pepper. Its easy, tasty and very filling.

Back
Top Bottom