Hungry Man

Local time
5:00 AM
Website
www.youtube.com
Turkish Bulgur Pilaf
View: https://youtu.be/WU9rUBN2cKY

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of bulgur (coarse bulgur for pilaf)
  • 3 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 onion
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 3 green chilies
  • 1 sweet red pepper
  • 1 cup tomato sauce or grated tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 tbsp chili paste
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp dried mint
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp chili flakes
  • 4 cups of hot water (about 800 ml)

Instructions:
  1. Finely chop the onion, garlic, green chilies and the red pepper
  2. In a large pan with a lid, heat up the oil, add the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant
  3. Add 1 tbsp of butter and continue cooking until the butter is slightly browned
  4. Add the chopped garlic, green chilies and the red peppers and stir and cook until soft
  5. Add the tomato paste and the chili paste and cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant
  6. Add the tomato sauce or the grated tomatoes
  7. Add the salt, dried mint, black pepper and the paprika powder; stir and cook for 1-2 minutes
  8. Add 2 cups of bulgur and cook & stir for another 3-4 minutes
  9. Add the hot water and stir until the ingredients are mixed
  10. Add the remaining 1 tbsp butter and stir until the butter is melted
  11. Cover the lid and bring to a boil, once it’s boiling bring to low heat and let it simmer
  12. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until the bulgur is soft and no water remains
  13. Gently stir to mix and combine all the ingredients
  14. Place a paper towel or kitchen towel on top of the bulgur and cover the lid on top
  15. Let the bulgur rest for 10 minutes before serving

Lovely! I saw it on youtube first...then here...bulgur is now on my shopping list for Sunday's grocery haul.👍😊

I bought feta like cheese, just need to find time for Pogača.

In the last image, with pilaf turned over, I thought: noooo, don't eat it yet, I need to admire the perfect half sphere a little more!🤓

Do you splash the bowl with cold water before putting pilaf? To slide more easily? Or the butter does it?

Lovely! I saw it on youtube first...then here...bulgur is now on my shopping list for Sunday's grocery haul.👍😊

I bought feta like cheese, just need to find time for Pogača.

In the last image, with pilaf turned over, I thought: noooo, don't eat it yet, I need to admire the perfect half sphere a little more!🤓

Do you splash the bowl with cold water before putting pilaf? To slide more easily? Or the butter does it?
Thank you :) Just to remind, don't forget to check the salt level of the cheese. My cheese was salty, so I didn't add extra salt to the dough. If the cheese is low in salt, you may want to add a bit of extra salt.
Splashing the bowl was not necessary as the pilaf was not sticky anyway (and should not be :) ).

Thank you :) Just to remind, don't forget to check the salt level of the cheese. My cheese was salty, so I didn't add extra salt to the dough. If the cheese is low in salt, you may want to add a bit of extra salt.
Splashing the bowl was not necessary as the pilaf was not sticky anyway (and should not be :) ).
Oh thank you, good tip! i will check it for salt!
As I work Sat morning, possibly Sat afternoon or evening...😊
Non sticky pilaf, good. I splash when I turn risotto...but assume because it is a different grain...👍🤗

Back
Top Bottom