Unofficial poll (number 2)

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
8:12 PM
Inspired by @kgord 's unofficial poll about chicken, which has produced some surprising and interesting results, I wondered how often in a week people eat ground beef (minced beef, beef mince, hamburger beef). I think maybe I use it on average once a fortnight. I prefer ground lamb as it seems to have more taste. Sometimes I use a mix of lamb and beef.

So, how often do you eat ground beef? And those of you who are astute might realise why I'm asking this question. :D

Last edited:
I'd probably say once a fortnight myself too. My husband and I tend to stick to chicken and fish, from a cost perspective as beef tends to be kind of pricey here, at least at the supermarkets near us. When we use it, it's most often in pasta sauces, stuffed peppers, or to make homemade burgers.

I ate German sausage three days in a row now which has ground beef and pork in it. I guess in a week I'd have ground beef 3 times out of 7. Oh man I'm just realizing how unhealthy that is. Probably why I have heartburn.

I eat ground beef ( minced meat) on a fairly regular basis, about once or twice a week, but this is no hard and fast rule. Some weeks I may skip it altogether. I find it to be a very versatile meat. I did it with spaghetti a couple days ago. In fact it goes well with any kind of pasta. I also cook it along with rice and potatoes. It makes a good Shepherd's pie too. It is also very economical so I would buy it more often than I would buy regular beef.

I am not really fond of minced lamb since it tends to be more greasy, so I would usually buy the minced beef. These days we can also get minced turkey as well as minced chicken, but I am yet to try these.

We eat ground turkey at least once a week, ground turkey is used to make lasgna or spaghetti. We do not use ground beef any more except for burgers about once a month.

I too eat ground turkey much more than beef. I would say regular ground beef about the same, once a month if that. The cost of beef has gotten very high here, and chicken is healthier anyway. I tend to just buy ground beef when it is on sale.

I too eat ground turkey much more than beef. I would say regular ground beef about the same, once a month if that. The cost of beef has gotten very high here, and chicken is healthier anyway. I tend to just buy ground beef when it is on sale.
That's interesting. I always though beef was cheaper in the U.S. Here you can pay quite a lot for best quality Aberdeen Angus ground beef. But at the other end of the scale I can pick up cheap mince for £3.59 a kilo ( just over $2 a pound). How does that compare to your prices?

We currently live in Azerbaijan, so we eat beef at least once a week. It's expensive, but the other options are chicken and lamb. And since I don't like lamb, I'm left with either chicken or beef. Not much to choose from... Turkey is too expensive and they only sell them whole and frozen.
When we're in Bulgaria, we eat mainly chicken and pork. I don't think I've ever bought beef in Bulgaria, except when ordering Spaghetti Bolognese in a restaurant. It's too expensive.

We eat ground beef on a regular basis. Probably a couple of times a week. There is just so many things that you can do with ground beef.

We eat ground beef about once per week at my house. I prefer to have chicken and other meats. Ground beef is something that goes good in a casserole or pasta dish, and even burgers. I am not fond of eating it unless it is in something.

I am a vegetarian since 2008. I have never eaten beef even before that. In our religion, cow is considered a sacred animal and so beef is prohibited.

Rarely, it has been one of my frustrating challenges here. I wanted to start making my own hamburgers and lasagne etc and went to the food market looking for ground beef.
I bought along my boyfriend to translate and nobody had heard of it in my area, I tried a few more shops and I could only find ground pork. The only way I can find access to it is by making my own, and I do not have a food processor. I am still saving up for the food processor so many recipes are postponed for now.
I tried manually chopping the beef into small pieces but it was time-consuming, to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom