US Shortage of Baby Food?

From what I've read, initial breastfeeding for the first few weeks so babies get the colestrum is vitally important. Of course the longer they're breastfed the better.
Some other concerns with formula that kind of made me wonder is using omega 3's from industrial extraction and the fact that no formula's contain any cholesterol where both of these are in abundance in mothers milk. Rancidity and aldehydes are the concern in the omega 3 DHA and the lower than normal manufacturing of cholesterol made by the baby in the absence of mothers cholesterol. Cheers.

I think there's some over indulgence in news hysteria here. It can';t be that difficult to ween and feed an infant in a good healthy way without fear of infant starvation.
I have no experience with feeding babies but it seems to me that the baby should be able to eat what we adults eat for the most part. One just needs a blender or food processor to make a puree out of it. I don't remember what I ate as a baby but I'll bet it wouldn't appeal to me now. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom