Recipe Vegan Cinnamon Apple Sweet Potato Waffles

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
6:18 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I was causally browsing recipes whilst waiting for my cashew nut milk latte to turn up at a vegan restaurant yesterday morning (Sweet Bones in Canberra, very well worth a visit but be warned it's busy, very busy...) and having set the cinnamon ingredient challenge could not help noticing this recipe and thought... yummy as some blueberry waffles are brought out to another customer....

Apple-Cinnamon-Sweet-Potato-Waffle-.jpg

Now the author has made these with an egg, but it's easy to make them vegan. Switch the egg out for aquafaba whisked and you having the binding ingredient. Sadly I have already done my weekly shopping and sweet potato was not on the list, so I can't try them out but I will in due course.

The original recipe is from here.
http://thatovenfeelin.com/cinnamon-apple-sweet-potato-waffles/

Ingredients
  • 1 apple
  • 1 large sweet potato, spiralized or very finely grated
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 tbsps aquafaba whisked
  • cooking spray/oil

Method
  1. Preheat a waffle iron or frying pan if you don't have a dedicated waffle iron.
  2. Spray/oil a medium-sized skillet with cooking spray/oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the spiralized (or finely grated) sweet potatoes to the skillet and cook until tender, stirring frequently. Cook until the sweet potato noodles have softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
  3. While the sweet potato noodles are cooking, coarsely grate the apple using the large holes on a grater. Add the grated apples to a medium-sized bowl. Add the cooked sweet potatoes, cinnamon. Toss until combined. Now for in the whisked aquafaba.
  4. Spray the hot waffle iron with cooking spray, then add half of the sweet potato mixture. Cook the waffles until the sweet potatoes are golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes (will vary depending on waffle iron). Repeat with remaining sweet potatoes.if you are using a frying pan, keep the mixture quite thin otherwise the result will be soggy.
  5. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.

Back
Top Bottom