Vegan pizzas?

rubydust

Veteran
Local time
4:40 AM
I'm new to dairy alternatives. Has anyone discovered a good vegan pizza? I hear that the problem with vegan cheeses is that they don't melt. I'd love to find a tasty vegan pizza, or know of a good melty cheese so that I could make my own. Or do you simply have to forgo the 'cheese' altogether?

there is a new one on the scene that does melt. but I don't know if you can get it on your side of the pond... I haven't tried it yet myself. If we go out for pizza, we choose a certain restaurant where I know they can accommodate my allergies and they actually have a vegan (no cheese) pizza on the menu which is very good.

The new cheese is made by amisa and is a gouda style cheese but from the reviews it is best in the grated form not the slices which crumble when you try to pick them up.

untitled.png

I came across various reviews of it yesterday which all said it was excellent melted and also actually didn't taste too bad either. It's melting properties were something to do with the 23% coconut oil.

http://www.veganoo.net/2015/02/review-amisa-vegana-gouda-style-cheese.html

I'm new to dairy alternatives. Has anyone discovered a good vegan pizza? I hear that the problem with vegan cheeses is that they don't melt. I'd love to find a tasty vegan pizza, or know of a good melty cheese so that I could make my own. Or do you simply have to forgo the 'cheese' altogether?
Well a brand called Daiya melts, we use that often. It's easier to find then some of the other brands, but our favorite one is Called "Teese," It melts very well and taste almost like the real thing. Best vegan cheese I've had so far.

Well we use a brand called Daiya, which is ok, and another one called "Teese", which is my favorite, like anything it does take some getting use to, but after your taste buds readjust, vegan cheese is not so bad, also you can make your own cheese spread with nuts that really taste good, at first vegan cheese was terrible to me and my kids, but after 3 years of being vegan you learn to live with it.

Back
Top Bottom