Recipe Vegetable Lasagne

Are you saying that carrots diced to 7mm cook through in 15 mins when simmered with a tin of tomatoes? This is not the case. If you mean that the carrots will be cooked through after baking, then I'll find out tomorrow!

Don't worry. It will work. It always has done. I dice 5-7mm and cook in the tomato (and water) not just tomato liquid for 15 mins. the carrots (along obviously with everything else) then have an hour in the oven. They cook. they always do. So does the celery.

I don't have the necessary ingredients to make it this week, but I could put it on the shopping list for next week and make my own version and record my observations so people will know. I guess that is probably what I will have to do. I know what to expect with this recipe and somehow it always works.

OK - I have informed my OH we are having the lasagne on next weeks' menu if not this weeks. We have everything except the lasagne sheets, so if he comes home with the during the week then I will cook it in the week. Otherwise I'll do the update when I have something to add!

Don't worry. It will work. It always has done. I dice 5-7mm and cook in the tomato (and water) not just tomato liquid for 15 mins. the carrots (along obviously with everything else) then have an hour in the oven. They cook. they always do. So does the celery.

I don't have the necessary ingredients to make it this week, but I could put it on the shopping list for next week and make my own version and record my observations so people will know. I guess that is probably what I will have to do. I know what to expect with this recipe and somehow it always works.

OK - I have informed my OH we are having the lasagne on next weeks' menu if not this weeks. We have everything except the lasagne sheets, so if he comes home with the during the week then I will cook it in the week. Otherwise I'll do the update when I have something to add!

You mean you don't make your own lasagne sheets? :happy:
I'll bake this today and hopefully take a snap - but its due to rain and the light is poor so we will see...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom