Recipe Warm Potato and Green Bean Salad

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
5:05 PM
Ingedients
1 1/4 pounds red potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces (can substitute other varieties)
1 Tbl lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/2 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tbl fresh dill, chopped
3 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
12 oz. green beans, trimmed and cut across in half
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 celery stalk, thinly sliced

Method
  • Combine the potatoes and enough lightly salted cold water to cover them by 2 to 3 inches and bring to a boil. Boil until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Scoop them out of water using a slotted spoon and place in colander (you will be reusing the cooking water).
  • While potatoes cook, combine lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt, pepper and dill in a large bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Gently toss in cooked potatoes.
  • Bring potato cooking water back to a boil and add green beans; cook until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Place onions in a colander; drain green beans and cooking water over onion. If they won’t be served right away, run cold water over vegetables to stop them from cooking. Combine with the potatoes and celery.
Serves 6

So are we talking about green beans here or runner beans :whistling: just asking you know. I have runner beans growing around my potatoes, so I could have this recipe if it involves runner beans* :wink:
Green beans.

*Which way they growing?

This recipe sounds a lot like one my friend makes. It's so delicious. She also adds finely chopped celery, some dijon mustard and finely chopped red peppers. This is a great salad to take to a picnic. No worries with mayonnaise and keeping the salad cold. I love the brightness you get from the fresh dill.

Back
Top Bottom