Ways to use celery

I like cooked celery in many different things as a subtle player. When it is really fresh and has this slightly sweetness I can eat it raw in salads or just like it is, without anything else. Once I made a really cool green smoothie with celery in culinary school, a friend of mine had the idea and recipe. Stay healthy

It is a must in Cajun/Creole dishes that require "The Trinity". I use it raw in what I call my "Deli Tuna Special" salad. diced onion, diced celery, diced "HB" eggs, dill pickle relish, mayo, S&P. Have it as a sandwich or on crackers as a snack.

I use the "Trinity" instead of Mirepoix -- I don't like carrots.

I also use it in tuna salad. It is always in my soups.

And like others, I like to snack on it, plain, with PB or with cream cheese.

CD

I like cooked celery in many different things as a subtle player. When it is really fresh and has this slightly sweetness I can eat it raw in salads or just like it is, without anything else. Once I made a really cool green smoothie with celery in culinary school, a friend of mine had the idea and recipe. Stay healthy

Never thought to make a celery smoothie, sounds like a nice idea

Celery for me, can be eaten raw, like on snack trays, it can be used in soups, in seafood and tuna salads made with mayonnaise, in places where you need its rigidity to form support in a dish, in salads and in some tomato sauces.

My mom used to make spaghetti sauce with blended in celery and I started doing it that way, but eventually, stopped, as I wanted the sauce to be more tomato tasting and thicker.

A celery stalk can be used as an edible spoon to eat certain dishes, making it part of the dish at the same time.

Celery can hold a filling, if a stalk is laid on its back, and cooked or uncooked with the filling.

Celery can also be a supporting ingredient in meat loafs and in stuffings, such as turkey stuffing at Thanksgiving Day.

It can also be used, Julienne cut, to include in things like rouladens and meat rolls, along side carrot, leek and onion.

I made this some time ago, fried celery. Very simple and I enjoyed it very much

Back
Top Bottom