Websites you have found useful as a vegan

I've been vegan for 15 years and there are SO many more blogs (and products and everything) now compared to way back then. Here are some websites that I like a lot and find helpful for good vegan recipes:

Dianne's Vegan Kitchen
BitterSweet Blog
Planted365
Full of Plants
Vegan Yack Attack
Loving It Vegan

There are SO many good ones. I'll add more later.

You're right, it's much easier now that 15 or so years ago.
I forget how long I've not been able to consume dairy for, but some 15-18 or so years ago I developed a severe allergy to all dairy, including goats and sheep's. Prior to that from roughly 21 years old I had been allergic to cows dairy but able to cope with goats and sheep's. Even medication has to be dairy free for me which is really hard to ensure...

I'm familiar with Full of Plants. I've made a number of the recipes from there but I'm currently failing with their institutions for making my own tempeh for some reason.

I'll have a look at the others you given. I don't recognise a few of them, so provided they are not YouTube channels and video recipes, they found be interesting. (I'm on satellite broadband with a data cap and my TV viewing comes from that same allowance, so watching a recipe often too padded and talky and in HD isn't an option. )

I cook a lot from Vanilla and Bean: Home | Vanilla And Bean

It’s not fully vegan, but it is fully vegetarian and I’d say only 20-30% of the recipes use dairy or eggs (and all the recipes are clearly labeled as vegan/vegetarian) I especially love her summer salad recipes - I make them on weekends so I have something to pack for lunches at work throughout the week.

I cook a lot from Vanilla and Bean: Home | Vanilla And Bean

It’s not fully vegan, but it is fully vegetarian and I’d say only 20-30% of the recipes use dairy or eggs (and all the recipes are clearly labeled as vegan/vegetarian) I especially love her summer salad recipes - I make them on weekends so I have something to pack for lunches at work throughout the week.
Bookmarked it!

Vegan forum is a good one!
If it's the one in thinking of, it's OK. I actually left it because I got fed up of the constant "you're not trying hard enough" attitude that a lot of the members threw at me. I'm a dietary vegan plus eggs from my own chickens only and even then it's only occasionally. But I'm from a background that's vegetarian and I don't agree that destroying non-vegan products (eg a 25 year old woollen jumper I bought before I was a dietary vegan) is the right way to go. The alternatives often involve petrochemical products, and destroying stuff that can be recycled or others can use isn't how we're going to save this planet in the long term. I guess after 40 years as a vegetarian and nearly 20 as a dietary vegan, I have a more save the environment approach than some on that site wanted.

Back
Top Bottom