What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

I recall but didn't know it applied to tablecloths. Same for tea towels?
Yes, pretty much anything that can be washed gets washed. It even says to do so on the packaging: “Wash before first use.”

Is it because of the nasty chemicals left on the fabric (mostly formaldehyde) or because of the texture of unwashed fabric?
Mainly the former, but if I remember to get it out of the tumble dryer promptly, I may not need to iron it. Bonus!

Yes, pretty much anything that can be washed gets washed. It even says to do so on the packaging: “Wash before first use.”

Mainly the former, but if I remember to get it out of the tumble dryer promptly, I may not need to iron it. Bonus!
My washing machine has a pre iron setting that I never used because I assumed it was just a low spin speed.
I've had it about 3 years and discovered accidentally while looking for something else in the instructions that it hot steams the items at the end (ironed almost nothing since) BUT you have to nab the items out the second its done or the hot steam helps crumpled clothes get very creasy!

When you're in the market for a new washing machine one with a steam function is well worth it!

Had a count up of how many of which type of wine glass I have and I don’t have ten of the same of anything. So I decided to use a catering suppliers as I’m hoping the bog standard glasses they sell will be around for a long time and when one gets broken it’ll be easy to get more of the same 🤷‍♀️
Arrived yesterday.
IMG_2499.jpeg

They are much nicer to drink from than I anticipated. Feel nice in your hand and even make a decent ‘ching’ noise when doing a cheers big ears. Thicker cheaper glasses usually make an unpleasant thud noise.
They are reinforced on the rim and base for protection in the dishwasher.
The bit that really floats my boat - I chose a shorter stem so they fit upright in the dishwasher, I won’t be left hand washing and drying a load of glasses after doing all the cooking n waitering.

£1.66 per glass. Bargain!

Had a count up of how many of which type of wine glass I have and I don’t have ten of the same of anything. So I decided to use a catering suppliers as I’m hoping the bog standard glasses they sell will be around for a long time and when one gets broken it’ll be easy to get more of the same 🤷‍♀️
Arrived yesterday.
View attachment 112505
They are much nicer to drink from than I anticipated. Feel nice in your hand and even make a decent ‘ching’ noise when doing a cheers big ears. Thicker cheaper glasses usually make an unpleasant thud noise.
They are reinforced on the rim and base for protection in the dishwasher.
The bit that really floats my boat - I chose a shorter stem so they fit upright in the dishwasher, I won’t be left hand washing and drying a load of glasses after doing all the cooking n waitering.

£1.66 per glass. Bargain!
Yeah! I have similar and they are muh nicer than other glasses which are far too big and as you say, don't fit easily into the dishwasher. Catering companies are a good source of cheap practical items.

WOW :hyper: :hyper: Looks like you'd need a Big Green Wallet, too!

Yeah, but they last forever and don't rust. The only maintenance you need to do, besides removing old ash, is check the band around the top because with the heat it expands and loosens over time, leading up to the top falling out and breaking. Craig learned that the hard way, with another couple hundred or so, I don't remember exactly, out of our pockets.

You can bake in them too, but I'm not sure how good a charcoal or wood smoke flavored cake would be. Bread though, yeppers.

I'm toying with the idea of an Instapot. Maybe for Christmas.

Enjoying mine but I can’t help but feel my crockpot version is better quality.
Having said that of the two if buying again I’d go with the instant pot because of the sous vide setting, the number of accessories (extra pan inserts and lids for those so you can put the lot in the fridge etc), plus all the recipe book and youtube stuff is written around the instant pot settings.

Still finding my way with it but finding it worthwhile, especially loving the easy peel eggs the pressure cooker churns out.

Back
Top Bottom