• 71 to 80 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 81 to 90 years

• 91 to 100 years

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I was young, 30 was old, I hit 30 then thought actually 40 is old, I turn 50 next year and now I think bring it on :okay:. Age is just a number.

Certainly true so long as you are fit - lately I've been feeling old due to multiple conditions which are causing pain and difficulty walking or climbing stairs. Its not the end of the world but it doesn't make me feel young!

Certainly true so long as you are fit - lately I've been feeling old due to multiple conditions which are causing pain and difficulty walking or climbing stairs. Its not the end of the world but it doesn't make me feel young!

I still only feel about 40, but the body does catch up with you. I've had to wear steel capped boots for the first time in 30 years, my feet have taken a hammering, blister upon blister, but I'm over the worst. It's only short term so I'll cope.

Russ

I've always been 'young' and used to look a fair bit younger than I am.
I'm still physically fit and can still climb down and up the cliffs in Guernsey to get to a fishing spot for instance. And I can make it bac up the cliffs in 20 minutes.

WP_002231.jpg

But I did find that having pancreatitis last year and having my gallbladder removed really did knock me back a bit, but I think I've largely bounced back.

I'm very pleased that at my age I can do stuff that peeps 10 or 20 years younger would struggle with.

I've always been 'young' and used to look a fair bit younger than I am.
I'm still physically fit and can still climb down and up the cliffs in Guernsey to get to a fishing spot for instance. And I can make it bac up the cliffs in 20 minutes.

View attachment 22665

But I did find that having pancreatitis last year and having my gallbladder removed really did knock me back a bit, but I think I've largely bounced back.

I'm very pleased that at my age I can do stuff that peeps 10 or 20 years younger would struggle with.

I'm a bit like you as well, had an op in 06 that knocked me as well, but back on top now. You really do love fishing if you go down that hill.lol. Don't know if I would, I'm not good on heights,lol.

Russ

I'm a bit like you as well, had an op in 06 that knocked me as well, but back on top now. You really do love fishing if you go down that hill.lol. Don't know if I would, I'm not good on heights,lol.

Russ

Don't want to make it sound like a brag either, I've just been very lucky.

Age is just a number...and my number is 56. I've always felt younger than my age, but I do get the occasional reminders (like a bad back, and the fact that I need to exercise frequently so I don't turn to a tub of goo).

So, out with it, @Yorky: you put the stick in the bee's nest with this topic, so where do you fall? I missed the initial post, so I didn't get to see. It's a fair bet you're between 41 and 70. :whistling:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom