What are the best brands of American cheese?

Last of the gourmet shop cheese:

IMG_4908.jpeg
IMG_4909.jpeg
IMG_4910.jpeg
IMG_4911.jpeg
IMG_4912.jpeg

I go into a place like that and, after seeing what's there, immediately pick up some cheese I've never heard of before. Piave Vecchio would be my first, followed by that 10 year aged Cheddar.
Not a great fan of cheese with "things" in it. I'd rather have the "things" on the side. So I'd avoid things with cranberries, blueberries, apricots, mango and ginger, and especially chiles. Don't get me wrong - I'll eat them, but I think the additions detract from the true flavour of the fermented curds.

Not a great fan of cheese with "things" in it. I'd rather have the "things" on the side. So I'd avoid things with cranberries, blueberries, apricots, mango and ginger, and especially chiles. Don't get me wrong - I'll eat them, but I think the additions detract from the true flavour of the fermented curds.

I tend to agree. Things can always be eaten with the cheese.

Ok, the last of my cheese pics. These are from the international market, and I didn’t zoom in and get names/prices or else there would have been 45 pics instead of the upcoming 15:

IMG_4985.jpeg
IMG_4986.jpeg
IMG_4987.jpeg
IMG_4988.jpeg
IMG_4989.jpeg

Yeah, one of those is charcuterie, but oh well.

Think I'm going to need very comfortable shoes to make it round this place 🤣
The best part…there’s a bar set up inside the store with a couple dozen taps, so you can hit that first and carry your beer around while you shop.

It actually struck me a little funnily today that when I was a kid, before the Clean Indoor Air Act, it was common for people to walk around inside a grocery store or department store and have a smoke while shopping.

That’s long gone now, replaced (at least at the international market) with wandering around with a beer in one hand and pushing your shopping with the other! :laugh: 🍻

Looks suspiciously like Jungle Jim's to me... :laugh: :laugh:
My kids take me there when I'm in Cinci and usually get treated to a Karadekoolaid Master Class on cheese, followed by a hefty chunk out of the credit card.
The conversation usually starts with "Let's have a Cheese Board tonight!", then old Cheesey Face starts with
"OOhh, look! REAL Brie de Meaux! And there's a delicious Crottin over there - delicious goat cheese. Try this Cabrales, and have a bit of that Shropshire Blue, you'll love it. Tell you what; instead of the Cheddar, which we always have, why not try some of this 18 month gouda? And a chunk of Apfenzeller. Unbelievable. Oh, and don't forget the epoisses and the reblochon..."

Back
Top Bottom