What are you baking today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonky shaped orange zest speculaas biscuits.
20230128_124550.jpg

I explained my failure in the orange challenge thread. They taste fine though!

Devil's Food cupcakes with TastyReuben recipe for Bourbon-Bacon Cream Cheese frosting.

IMG_2544.JPG

These two went to Mr. Next Door Neighbor, who had requested to be my official taste tester on this recipe.
I made 23 cupcakes, but I'm only taking 12 (`cuz that's all that fits into my Tupperware®) to Bingo tomorrow night with my Gal Pals.

I made these to take next door for dinner and visiting with my Neighborhood Gal Pals tomorrow.
IMG_2671.JPGIMG_2674.JPG
The school that I attended, K-12, served us all a hot lunch each day AND dessert.
This is an all-time favorite with everyone.
The name that we used at our school was Haole Brownies, at our rival school it was Caramel Cuts.
Whatever you want to call them, they are delicious!
My official taste-tester said he thought that were a bit too sweet
:meh:
I think they're just right, chewy, soft, a little gooey and ONO!!!

Working on an orange & white chocolate brownie. This is the base with white chocolate chips and orange zest. Tomorrow it will come out of the fridge with set white chocolate icing and unicorn sprinkles ( they had to be used somewhere 😆)
20230402_170930.jpg

Next pic tomorrow.

Cornbread, still warm from the oven:

IMG_4264.jpeg

This is a more “old-fashioned” recipe - modern ones seem to use a lot of flour and a little cornmeal, which makes a very soft, cake-like cornbread.

This is nearly all cornmeal and very little flour, so it’s more coarse, more dense, and more like what I ate growing up.

Check out that edge - that’s what 2 tablespoons of hot bacon grease in a 9-inch pan gets you!

Cornbread, still warm from the oven:

View attachment 99560

This is a more “old-fashioned” recipe - modern ones seem to use a lot of flour and a little cornmeal, which makes a very soft, cake-like cornbread.

This is nearly all cornmeal and very little flour, so it’s more coarse, more dense, and more like what I ate growing up.

Check out that edge - that’s what 2 tablespoons of hot bacon grease in a 9-inch pan gets you!

I use a cast iron pan for cornbread, and I've used bacon fat to grease the pan the last few times.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom