What are you doing to take care of yourself?

My liver damage went from 6.3 to 0.0 in the last year,my gastroenteronologist just told me. She said my healthy habits were clearly showing, as my liver has returned to normal and healthy 🙏

What scale is that 6.3 score on? I'm curious due to my own liver issues.

CD

I changed my Medicare supplemental insurance. I have not yet subscribed to a prescription plan. I will do so immediately. The eye drops were $113 for 1 1/2 oz. with Good RX. Regular price - $204! :hyper:
I will be surprised if I am not prescribed blood pressure and or cholesterol meds after my physical. Runs in the family. I have a feeling that I may be borderline of full blown Type B diabetic. More meds. Another issue that runs in the family.
Cr@p. I hate taking meds.
I need to chill and not jump the gun. What will be will be.

I changed my Medicare supplemental insurance. I have not yet subscribed to a prescription plan. I will do so immediately. The eye drops were $113 for 1 1/2 oz. with Good RX. Regular price - $204! :hyper:
I will be surprised if I am not prescribed blood pressure and or cholesterol meds after my physical. Runs in the family. I have a feeling that I may be borderline of full blown Type B diabetic. More meds. Another issue that runs in the family.
Cr@p. I hate taking meds.
I need to chill and not jump the gun. What will be will be.

My "like" was for that last thing -- don't worry about problems if you don't know you have them.

CD

What scale is that 6.3 score on? I'm curious due to my own liver issues.

CD
No idea. I was shown a graphic two years ago after a liver echo that ranged from light blue to deep purple and I was between light blue ( normal) and darker blue ( light liver damage/scarring) on the scale. Now I am officially healed and off that scale entirely.

My doctor did not explain the numbers as it wasnt relevant and I have never seen a doctor specifically for my liver as I never had serious issues with it, just enough to keep an eye on it.

She called the numbers f6.3 and f0.0 maybe that means anything to you?

Prostate exams...I've had mine checked digitally (and I don't mean a computer) two or three times (I may have blanked that first one out :laugh:). Seriously, guys make a huge deal out of it, and it's not as bad as all that - certainly not as bad as what I imagine a female goes through for a pelvic exam. All a prostate exam requires is finger - there are actual medical implements crafted for what a female gets subjected to. Now that's a probe!

BTW, for those of you who have Netflix and you want a laugh, it's worth watching the episode of The Kominsky Method where the lead character (Sandy Kominsky, played by Michael Douglas) gets a prostate exam. The doc is played by Danny DeVito, and it's absolutely hilarious. You don't have to have watched any other episodes to enjoy that one.

I will add this...my long-time internist, a male, has left the practice and has been replaced by an oh-so-cute 20-something nurse practitioner, female. They do a PSA test as part of my blood work, but I'm coming up due for the finger check soon.

I'm genuinely curious how she's going to play that. Is it going to be, "I'm a medical professional, it's just a gland to be checked, like any other," or will it be, "No way am I sticking my finger up your butt and tickling your sensitive bit...I'm going to refer you to someone else!"? :laugh:

I have had female doctors examine my external bits before, and in a, shall we say, hands-on fashion, but that could be seen as a lot less...uncomfortable for the doc than the Alien Butt Probe.
My first visit to see the beautiful 6ft tall blond bombshell Dr Tina was a bit embarrassing. I was sitting in the waiting room with my wife when the bombshell opened the door and beckoned me in. I dropped my pants underwear and bent over the chair. Both Tina and Mrs B agreed I should have waited until I was in her office.

Ophthalmologist visit last Monday. My eye pressure is down from 35 - very bad - to 21 upper limit of normal. Cataract surgery scheduled for Monday March 1. I am so excited.
I had a stupid accident Wednesday a week ago. G has an old lawn tractor that he keeps at the lake camp. He brought it home because it was not working properly. G had to take the machine apart. Artier dark I had a double hand full of recycle material to dispose of. I saw the seat, skirted it and made the recycle deposit. I needed to enter the shop to get a chicken out of the freezer. The motion light did not come on so I skirted the seat but did not see the metal foot plate extending from the base of the seat. I tripped. I landed on my knees, bruised both and slashed the top of my foot. G wanted to take me to the emergency room. Not going to happen. I was not willing to spend the night in the ER. Thursday morning I went to the walk-in-clinic. The skin was stripped from the surface of my foot. Stitches were not possible. NP taught me how to care for the wound with a pressure bandage. I had a Tetanus booster shot. While getting shots I got a Flu shot.
G had his first Covid Vaccine this morning.
There are days when I think getting old is a real batch. Then I think of the alternative. OMG i will gratefully deal with my aches and pains.
Happy, happy, happy. My vision will soon be corrected.

Ok, resurrec(tum)ing :)laugh:) the prostate conversation. When we last talked, I mentioned wondering how my very professional but very Barbie-doll-like 20-something nurse practitioner would handle my upcoming Alien Butt Probe.

Well...I have an answer. And the answer is...

...without any input from me, she referred me to another doctor. I now have a second appointment to go back in to have Dr. Hairylegs give me the finger, so to speak.

This should go under the "what made you smile" topic, but when Dr. Hairylegs' scheduler called me to set up the appointment, I asked if there was anything beyond the usual that they'd want me to do before coming in, like skipping breakfast or whatever.

"No, just bring a list of your meds, your insurance card, and a photo ID."

I then asked, "This is just a, um, digital exam, right?" - I know that's the polite name for the Alien Butt Probe.

Her response was priceless:

"Um, no...you have to come into the office in person."

Oh, COVID, what have you done to us all? :laugh:

Me? Pfft. I could, no SHOULD, be doing a lot more. It's just so hard to get motivated when in a funk.

These days I feel like just putting pants on is a pretty big accomplishment!
Just last week, I was getting (fully) dressed, and my wife said, "You know, I have to commend you for actually getting dressed every day." :laugh:

Just last week, I was getting (fully) dressed, and my wife said, "You know, I have to commend you for actually getting dressed every day." :laugh:

Takes me 30 secs to put a beater and shorts on. Actually longer this morning as I couldn't find clean pair of shorts. It's 25 deg c here ATM if not hotter.

Russ

Takes me 30 secs to put a beater and shorts on. Actually longer this morning as I couldn't find clean pair of shorts. It's 25 deg c here ATM if not hotter.

Russ
Today, I wore jeans, boots, a button-down shirt, a sleeveless sweater vest and a corduroy blazer.

And a bucket hat. And a scarf when I went outside. And my aviators.

Today, I wore jeans, boots, a button-down shirt, a sleeveless sweater vest and a corduroy blazer.

And a bucket hat. And a scarf when I went outside. And my aviators.
our alarm goes off at 7am, wife leaves at 7.45. It takes her that to get ready including a shower. She's taken over most of my drawer space. Im on to her latest tactic with her shopping. She leaves new stuff out hanging on a drawer or something, then it disappears for a while, only to make an appearance later. When I ask is that new, she replies no, it's been here for months. Lol.
She learnt this trick from her s.i.l.

Russ

Me? Pfft. I could, no SHOULD, be doing a lot more. It's just so hard to get motivated when in a funk.

These days I feel like just putting pants on is a pretty big accomplishment!

Understand completely. I do put pants on, to go to the store, or go out and get the mail. There is a certain forum member who I assume USUALLY puts pants on to get the mail, but not always.

CD

Back
Top Bottom