What are you doing to take care of yourself?

Having done my blood lab last week, I saw my primary care physician (by phone) yesterday. All is well. My blood lab showed that despite all the desserts I have created in the past recipe challenges and all the dried fruit and stuff, my blood sugar levels are well managed. Yep, I was shocked to hear that, because I felt I had been being a bad boy.

So, I can continue to cook the way I have been doing.

our alarm goes off at 7am, wife leaves at 7.45. It takes her that to get ready including a shower. She's taken over most of my drawer space. Im on to her latest tactic with her shopping. She leaves new stuff out hanging on a drawer or something, then it disappears for a while, only to make an appearance later. When I ask is that new, she replies no, it's been here for months. Lol.
She learnt this trick from her s.i.l.

Russ
That's an age-old secret among women. You're not supposed to notice. LOL

Since last Wednesday, 2/10, I have spent HOURS on the phone with Medicare and Blue Advantage. My Ophthalmologist filed with Medicare for payment for two visits in January. Medicare refused to pay because they had Blue Advantage as my primary. I called Blue Advantage 11/30/2020 to disenroll effective 12/31/2020 and purchased an Aetna supplemental plan effective 1/1/2021. Someone dropped the ball. It has taken many phone calls and hours of conversation to get the situation corrected. Yesterday BA finally ended my enrollment retroactive to 12/31/2020. Tomorrow I will contact Medicare to make sure they have been notified.
This has been a learning experience. I always get the first name of the person I am speaking to and make a note of the date and time and the gist of the conversation. Now I know to get the first name and the first initial of the last name and ask for a call ID # of the notes they have made. These companies are so compartmentalized that one person can not access the information needed so I was transferred to another person who had access to some information but not the information the first person had. Having worked in the restaurant industry and retail I know that patience and a good attitude with a firm determination to get things done will get the best result. I do not take no for an answer but do so very diplomatically.
Now I have to deal with Medicare again to make sure they have the correct information.
Tomorrow I will get my first Covid Vaccine. The Governor reduced the age requirement to 65.

Last edited:
Because of the extreme weather Covid vaccines were not delivered. I am waiting for a reschedule. Spoke to the Ophthalmologist billing person this A.M. Medicare is now my primary provider. I have a pre-op appointment tomorrow afternoon - oops - this afternoon. I have watched numerous videos of cataract surgeries. I have a list of questions for my Dr. I believe that my health is my responsibility. I have to ask the questions and insist that I receive plain English answers. All medical terms need to be explained.
The injury to my foot has finally healed enough for me to put on a real pair of shoes. This morning I made a 15 minute stroll through the neighborhood. I will do the same tomorrow and every day, weather permitting. I am seriously disgusted by my weight. Two week ago I tipped the scale at 160 lbs. I have no clothes that fit me other than sweat pants. I have lost 5 lbs. but really, really, really need to get down to 140, preferably 135. My closet is full of nice clothes that I can not wear. Some still have the price tags on them. Never worn and will not be worn unless I ditch this weight.
My sweet G has battled obesity his entire life. He has been living in sweat pants. He has an appointment with a client tomorrow and does not have a pair pants that fit him. I can not say a word about his eating habits or lack of exercise. I am guilty.
Enough of that. I am making changes. I WILL lose weight. I WILL become more fit in the process. I love G to the moon and back but his weight issues are his problem and his responsibility.
So.... what's up with you? Are you seeing your Dr.s, taking your meds, taking care of yourself? I have realized that self care is a complex thing. It really requires work.

Reactions: mjd
EB, make sure you follow the post op instructions exactly after your eye surgeries. The drops are a PITA (I gave some of them to my dad), but do them. No bending or lifting. G will have to do all that. Don't be surprised if you are a bit out of it for a couple days. Get help if you need it, don't fall.

And, look forward to being able to see again! :dance:

CD

6CF0A625-4F0E-4B1D-9078-5DD6E656CD38.jpeg

Here I am in my work clothes. COVID hair and grooming are on full display. Old video games are in the cabinet behind me. And, over my shoulder, Led Zeppelin’s first album cover predicted 2020 perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom