What are you wearing today (2020-2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earrings of the day.
kor_11.png

scabiosa.jpg

Scabiosa columbaria

I want to point out the tie:

I bought that in some shop somewhere in Ireland on clearance. Note that that's a pretty fat knot; that's the slimmest knot that can be tied, and it's barely achievable with the tie. It's made out of the thickest, heaviest burlap-wool material - it nearly takes two strong men to knot it. I had to sit down and catch my breath afterward.

Loving it! Englishmen everywhere applaud you! I am seriously lagging behind in the fashion stakes.
I have to brag a little.

A couple of weeks ago, we watched "A Christmas Wife," with Julie Harris and Jason Robards (just so you know it had more heft than a Hallmark movie).

Robards' character always wore a bow-tie, and in one scene, he was putting it on while casually talking to someone. In probably 90 seconds' time, he'd knotted his bow-tie and was ready to go.

"OMG, did you see that?!," MrsT said. "He tied that from scratch in like, a minute! I bet you wish you could do that!"

I was surprised, even shocked at the insult. 😤

I went to the back room, got a bow-tie, and promptly knotted it...in about 25 seconds: "Don't be too hard on him, he looked about 70 in that show...probably had arthritis." :cool:

I have to brag a little.

A couple of weeks ago, we watched "A Christmas Wife," with Julie Harris and Jason Robards (just so you know it had more heft than a Hallmark movie).

Robards' character always wore a bow-tie, and in one scene, he was putting it on while casually talking to someone. In probably 90 seconds' time, he'd knotted his bow-tie and was ready to go.

"OMG, did you see that?!," MrsT said. "He tied that from scratch in like, a minute! I bet you wish you could do that!"

I was surprised, even shocked at the insult. 😤

I went to the back room, got a bow-tie, and promptly knotted it...in about 25 seconds: "Don't be too hard on him, he looked about 70 in that show...probably had arthritis." :cool:

I used double Windsor every day for 25 years. Btw you look very dapper, proper Englishman. You put me to shame sitting here in black shorts and black singlet aka beater.
Power to you TastyReuben !!

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom